PDA

View Full Version : Need help for my truck

Keystone_Rider
10-18-2008, 12:57 AM
I smashed out my rear sliding glass window on my '04 Dodge Dakota truck. Unfortunately, I have to remove the whole window and frame to put in the new but used rear window. Does anyone know how to remove the old window frame from the cab body? I know it's glued in because a Dodge dealership told me I can install my window myself buying my own window glue at a local auto parts store, but he couldn't tell me how to remove the old window frame (wtf) I don't care if I break my other two glass partitions, I just want to get the frame out without damaging the cab,paint and the frame area where the window frame sits. Any ideas and advice is welcome. I'm doing this myself because dealers want about 500.00 minimum to do my window. Doing this is only costing me less than 100.00 (75.00 for rear window, 12.00 for the special window frame glue).

ZeroLogic
10-18-2008, 07:09 AM
Make up a bs story and have your insurance company take care of it.
When a truck kicked up a stone and cracked my wind sheild, (graduation day from high school) I called my insurance company a few months later and they fixed it for free.:p :macho Even came right to my house and fixed it.

Mxjunkie
10-18-2008, 07:14 AM
It's like a tounge and groove, you almost have to have a right angled tool that looks like an ice pick to break the glue behind it to pull it out, It's not a hard job but most body shops dont really tackle it on, most call the glass guys.