PDA

View Full Version : Any suggestions of a 450?

tim15235
10-17-2008, 10:45 PM
I know that I'm on a Can Am post, but what seriously would anyone recommend? Either a DS or KFX? I rode 250 two stroke dirt bikes all my life but am buying a new quad next week, which must have some balls. The DS is edging me towards it but other people have told me that the kfx is the way to go. Should I stay away from the yamaha and honda? What is anyone's serious opinion. Thanks and go Pens!!

klutch
10-18-2008, 09:19 AM
Uhm... well I am a Honda fan... I love my Honda... but the DS comes in second without a doubt. I don't know why they'd tell you to stay away from Honda or Yamaha. But depending on your budget i'd look into a KTM.

Quadevil
10-18-2008, 10:35 AM
Depends on your budget and what your gonna do with it.
If you don't have problems with $$, want to race it and have the fastest then the new KTM SX is your best bet. None of the others can touch it but it's expensive...
If you like 2 strokes, it's the closest you can get.

Although if you don't want to spend too much, i'd look into the new YFZ 450R, LTR or DS450.
Kawi and Honda come last...

klutch
10-18-2008, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by Quadevil
Depends on your budget and what your gonna do with it.
If you don't have problems with $$, want to race it and have the fastest then the new KTM SX is your best bet. None of the others can touch it but it's expensive...
If you like 2 strokes, it's the closest you can get.

Although if you don't want to spend too much, i'd look into the new YFZ 450R, LTR or DS450.
Kawi and Honda come last...

I would say DS450, then Honda, then YFZ450R, then Kawi.... i dont trust the ltr at all idk what it is...

k4f5x0r
10-18-2008, 11:28 AM
how could you possibly put the honda before kawi? i know everyone will think im biased but i had my choices. an ltr kfx trx or yfz. i chose the kfx cause i ride trials. fuel injection is the way to go and the aluminum frame were big improvements. the reverse was a really good feature too.

if i had to choose over again. i would say.

FOR MX. ktm 450sx,ltr,yfz, then the other depending on preference.

FOR TRAILS,

ktm,kfx,can am,yfz,trx, ltr.

the honda is FARRRRR too outdated. carb'd crap frame crap a arms crap everything except motor.

tim15235
10-19-2008, 07:49 PM
Going to get the Can Am. I found a local dealer that has an 08 for 5699, thats the one I'm going to get. U thiunk it's a good deal.

ds450racer
10-21-2008, 03:49 AM
good choice. For who ever is saying get a ktm. you need to ride one first. Worst thing ive ever rode.

tim15235
10-28-2008, 07:43 PM
Now I found a KTM 525 or 450 for 7200 new. Anyone still think that the DS is better buy. It's cheaper but it sounds like the KTM is the way to go, plus reverse is nice. As I said before, I rode 2 strokes dirtbikes all my life and love the power, if the KTM is similair, then I think I would like the KTM but the DS seems just as good.

Quadevil
10-28-2008, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by ds450racer
For who ever is saying get a ktm, you need to ride one first. Worst thing i've ever rode.

I don't know what you've ridden but it wasn't a KTM for sure if you say it was the worst. C'mon now, ktm is the lightest, most agile, most powerful sport quad out of the box and i'm talking about the XC. DS is close to KTM in some things but stays behind in other important ones.

And if you go for the SX, you might as well forget it, nothing comes closer. :D

ds450racer
10-29-2008, 03:19 AM
I rode a sx. The engine in the 505 was good. But the chassis wasn't. Very much like a suzuki if you ask me.

Quadevil
10-29-2008, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by ds450racer
I rode a sx. The engine in the 505 was good. But the chassis wasn't. Very much like a suzuki if you ask me.

Yes it's like the LTR but lighter and more agile. It's meant for MX so if you use her outside that of course it's not so good.

Lot of pilots that tested the SX on track, all of them, loved it and said it was incredible.

joeyds450x
10-29-2008, 10:43 AM
you cant really ask some one wut 450 to get, you have to go and ride them thats wut i did, i didnt care if people didnt like wut i got as long as i like it, i went with the ds450x and i love it id recomend you look at it buts you gotta get wut you like and wut fits you. i nvr did get to test a ktm i wish i would have though it mite be better than the ds...but idk its just rider opinion

casmund
11-15-2008, 04:17 PM
Any quad can rock if u have the budget... but most of us don't including me.

:rolleyes:

Right now imho the best bang for buck goes:

09 KTM 450 SX (Possibly Pro am lvl race ready)
09 Can Am DS 450 MX (race ready)
09 ATK 450 MX (hard to find, but pretty pimped out)
09 Polaris Outlaw 450 MXR
09 LTR 450 , KFX 450R, or YFZ 450R
09 Honda TRX 450R (they need to release a new one for 2010 make some modern changes)

Just an opinion but from the reaearch I have been doing looking for a new quad to race MX this is how they seem to stack up.

bear in mind every bike listed should have a steering stabilizer slapped on =).

Chris.