PDA

View Full Version : which one will make me faster??

hypersnyper6947
10-17-2008, 06:14 PM
So its time for the next investment into my quad. I am between a puck style steering stabilizer, or a works rear shock (single rate with res). Which one of these will give me the most improvement handling wise, I mostly ride trails and occasionally hit the track. Both prices are pretty close to the other so that’s not an issue, I just want the most bang for my buck.

Thanks

10-17-2008, 06:47 PM
I can say this with experience. The Works single rate remote rezzie preload adj rear shock is a huge improvement and you will go faster with it. My quad is better tuned performance wise and has more power, I have better front shock than my bro. He has that Works rear shock and it really is amazing. What happens is over bumps my rear end doesnt follow the ground it hops over bumps. His following the ground soaking everything up he almost always has traction while my rear is up in the air he can still accelerate. It really feels like riding on a pillow with it. The whoops at Croom are nothing you can hardly feel them that is until his with the stock front shocks comes down and hits a whoop your gonna wish you were going much slower lol. You have TCS front I believe so it should be a good investment. What about a stock shock rebuild? From what I hear the stock shocks rebuilt will be better than Works.

hypersnyper6947
10-18-2008, 02:04 AM
^^
Thanks for the input, i was thinking about the stock shock rebuild but i didn't know if it was good or not. How much do you think it would be to rebuild the stock shock. I can get this works used for like $230. The stabilizer is the CNC one that you may have seen on previous threads, its $200. I pretty much only ride at croom so whatever will be best for there is kinda what i would like to do.

Ruby Soho
10-18-2008, 06:32 AM
have the stock rebuilt, set up for your riding and all. it will be better.

works shocks are below standard now a days with the new rebuilds and shocks out.

hypersnyper6947
10-18-2008, 11:38 AM
How much do you think that will run, who should i use GT Thunder C&D or ATP maybe, if ATP does shocks.

krt400ex
10-19-2008, 08:47 AM
i have heard nothing but good about GT thunder. that is who i will be using when i get mine redone