PDA

View Full Version : geometry

redipsweb
10-16-2008, 11:57 PM
Does the ex have the same geometry of a 250R or is it the 450 that does? What exactly is 250R geometry? I do know that 250R handled like know other. If the ex doesn't, is there aftermarket parts that can be bought to make the ex handle like the 250?

MtnEX
10-17-2008, 02:09 AM
In all honesty, they are all pretty similar in geometry and handling.

With the same shock setup, here's how I'd rate them...

1- 250R
2- 400EX
3- 450R

The 250R had the advantage of a 2 stroke engine, lighter weight and less rear-end bucking. The 400EX falls behind in the engine department and has some bucking out back, which can be helped a lot if some work is put into it. The 450R is likewise, and has also picked up a little push in the front end.

People will argue this subject, but weight, engine response and engine power can play a big role in what you can do with a quad.

gojk
10-17-2008, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by MtnEX
In all honesty, they are all pretty similar in geometry and handling.

With the same shock setup, here's how I'd rate them...

1- 250R
2- 400EX
3- 450R

The 250R had the advantage of a 2 stroke engine, lighter weight and less rear-end bucking. The 400EX falls behind in the engine department and has some bucking out back, which can be helped a lot if some work is put into it. The 450R is likewise, and has also picked up a little push in the front end.

People will argue this subject, but weight, engine response and engine power can play a big role in what you can do with a quad.

I have ridden all 3, and own 2 of them, and that is the exact order I would put them in too.

IMO, there is nothing that is close to the R in handling.

Ruby Soho
10-17-2008, 01:53 PM
the 400ex is close to the R, closer than anything else. honda based the entire thing around its previous race quad.