PDA

View Full Version : aftermarket 250R pipe needs help

brandonpeake
10-16-2008, 11:35 PM
I got an LRd adjustable 250R pipe and well the chrome isnt in the best shape, it was one of those came with the quad in a deal for free things, but I was curious is there anyway to PC the pipe?
so I guess we need to talk about it in 2 sections, I asssume the exhaust chamber would require something different than the silencer?
I mean if it was all black it would be fine with me?

Also it brings up another question I am thinking of restoring a 250 and well it needs a stock exhaust so I can find them but they need pc or something also to make them look good, I didnt know if you had some high temp stuff for these situations or if the moly coat could do it or not, Color is not important really well i dont want hot pink but black flat black anything like that would be great

Pappy
10-17-2008, 06:32 AM
I usually will just send a chromed pipe out to the company I use so it can be ceramic coated as nothing you will put over the flaking and rust chrome in pc or paint will really last. Youre looking at anywhere from $125 to $150 for that to be done (damn near the cost of a new expansion chamber!) So really give that some thought.

On a stock piece, I use a high temp ceramic type paint, works pretty good and costs about 1/2 of sending it out, and is flat black.

brandonpeake
10-17-2008, 12:07 PM
okay thanks i had one aftermarket and one stock so thanks for anwsering both