PDA

View Full Version : Leaking Carb

Blackguywithouta400
11-11-2001, 06:30 PM
I was putting my 400 back together after cleaning it, and I turned the gas on, started it up and found there was gas running out of the bottom of the over flow tube this really concerned me a lot. I took the carb off and sprayed carb cleaner all through it every area I could I clean the float bowls really well and just needle slide area too. So far the only thing I have done to the carb was remove the choke, go to a 42 slow jet 160 main, and raise the needle one clip. So when I was cleaning it I noticed that when the float bowls were down then the carb cleaner would flow through the carb so I suspect that my problem lies in that area or something. So it seemed to be fine for the next few days just sitting with the gas on and nothing ran out, but when I loaded up and went to go ride I stopped to get gas when I noticed the same thing happening. I found it only seems to run over when your not really on the gas hard but what ever is causing it made me go through a tank of gas in 30 miles today. So any ideas as to what is going on I would really appreciate. Blackguyona400 that’s about to explode! :confused:

11-11-2001, 06:43 PM
on my old rm this happened and all it was was my floats were sticking...try hitting your float bowl lighty and i stress lightly while the gas is leaking to see if it stops..if not pull it back apart and see if maybe you put something together wrong... hope i helped..

barbwire44
11-12-2001, 06:07 AM
The binder tube and binder, on top of youre carb there is a rubber hose running across the top from one side to the other, the top plate on the carb the one you took off to get to youre needle look at that hose and the metal binder it runs through if it is crushed the carb will flood and gas will run out the overflow. We found this on a friends bike after one dissasembly somehow that metal binder the hose runs through got bent down and plugged off the line and the bike would just pour gas out the overflow. :devil