PDA

View Full Version : Roommate Troubles?

Sjorge450R
10-16-2008, 11:12 AM
Alright so heres the deal. I am rooming at Temple University and i have a suite. Therefore there are 4 of us total, but two seperate rooms. My suitmates are cool and so is my roommate but when it comes down to it, my roommate is a tool.

He has no classes until about noon everyday, which means he doesn't go to bed until about 3am, which is fine by me. I have classes at about 1030 and 930 most days. When I say im going to bed at like 1 is when he starts being disrespectful. He listens to music on his laptop speakers and has it pretty loud, turns on pretty much EVERY light and starts to move **** around constantly. The other night at 3am he starting to singing breaking benjamin into his laptop microphone to seehow he sounded. 3am!!!!!!! Now I know the reason for most of this. He is a spoiled child. He wanted to go to the World Series to watch the phillies, so he called mommy last night at 2am and asked he for her credit card number and bought 2 tickets, total was just under $2000!

The jidst of my story is this:
I am sick and tired of him doing stupid ***** **** when i am trying to sleep. Now, on the other hand, when i am awake in the morning, I am quite and completly respective to him.

I need to know of some ways to get even with him, I am up for anything, i just gotta teach this mommies boy something because he doesnt listen when i talk to him about it.

powermadd400ex
10-16-2008, 11:26 AM
aggravate him when he is tryin to sleep, when you get up in the mornings and he is sleeping, start playin music, and walking around making noise. play pranks on him before you head to class, put shaving cream in his hand or something. be creative :D

coryatver
10-16-2008, 11:44 AM
I have had some really bad roomates. Only way to deal with it is to talk to them very calmly and explain to him your situation and ask him for some respect. If that doesn't work talk to the housing office. I have tried getting even but that just makes it worse. Also who gives a crap if he got world series tickets don't worry about him just worry about yourself.

Pipeless416
10-16-2008, 11:50 AM
ive got an idiot football player for a roommate and i actually had to draw color coded routes to every one of his classes... the map has the building names! an example of a typical conversation... "hey mike, i think the window is broken. it won't open." "no jake, its locked" "oh, well now its broken" ... as he holds the knob in his hand. im getting so fed up with him using all of my stuff without refilling/ buying more of it. i can not be the sole provider of the room. also, since he plays football its basically lights out by 10 pm in my room even though i have crap to do since im the president of my hall.. then, he goes to his 12 credit hours (1 or 2 classes a day) and sleeps in between all of them! i usually don't complain, but this is just ridiculous... and im so sick of college football on tv. if its not that, he watches the seasons of friends over and over again...:huh it would be so easy to just yell at him or smack him in the head because hes about as submissive as stupid freshman girl going to a stupid frat party, but it would make the rest of the year extremely awkward. i would seriously try to just move out next semester. the minute you mess with his stuff, he could do the same back and its not worth the drama.

Sjorge450R
10-16-2008, 12:01 PM
yea, messing with stuff is outta the question. I was just looking for some stupid things i can do to make him realize how selfish and immature he is being. I started by opening our shades at 830am and listening to music when i am awake, since he does that when i am trying to sleep. I cannot move out cause there is currently not one open room anywhere else on campus. See at first i thought a room mate was cool, but next year i am defintly getting a single....so much better imo. Its also bull**** that I have do walk about a mile to our "TECH" center to get any work done because he creates soo many distractions.

Just keep the suggestions coming guys. I am sure that at about 7, when the matured members come on that we will have some good ideas.

ZeroLogic
10-16-2008, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by Sjorge300EX
Just keep the suggestions coming guys. I am sure that at about 7, when the matured members come on that we will have some good ideas.

Well, I'm early.

Blow him up.:o

derekhonda
10-16-2008, 12:06 PM
Ahhh roomates, some of the best times...some of the worst

My freshmen year my roomate and i got along great, except for one thing. Our beds were lofted in an L shape, and he like to jump out of bed onto the edge of my bed to get down.

So he takes 8 am classes, but he is not a morning person. Everymorning we went through this routine. His alarm would go off at 7, hed jump down and hit snooze, jump back up. 10 minutes later, back down, snooze, back up, 10 minutes later, back down, shut off alarm, and go to bed and skip his class. After repeatedly telling him to take his alarm up to his bed so hed quit jumping on mine, one swift kick to the stomach when he jumped down solved that problem.

Scro
10-16-2008, 12:15 PM
If you are going to room with somebody, both parties have to respect each other's time and space. Playing music, singing, and making a bunch of racket at 3 a.m. is flatout disrespectful. Getting even with him is not going to help a thing. I would just have a talk with him, and ask him to respect the fact that you have to get up earlier than he does. He doesn't have to go to bed; just use headphones, stop singing, etc. He should have the decency to understand that.

On another note, it's always good to get to know who you are rooming with beforehand...especially at college. It's really not hard to figure out who will be concentrating on their schoolwork and who will be worried about finding poonanny. :p

mojo123
10-16-2008, 12:27 PM
atleast you dont have a gay room mate like my brother

fandl450r
10-16-2008, 12:41 PM
Shart bare @ss on his pillow. Pink eye ftl.

Sjorge450R
10-16-2008, 12:42 PM
yea see like i said, he basically doesnt give two chits about what i say. I think if i just start doing what he does except in the morning (not 3am morning, but normal morning hours) i think he will then experience how much it blows to have that occuring and then he will stop, if not, there may be a brawl.... lol

fastredrider44
10-16-2008, 12:46 PM
If I were you, I would wake him up in the mornings on "accident". Wake him up with a short burst of a loud noise, so that when he wakes up, he doesn't know why he's up.

Poke holes in his speakers.

Have a sit down and tell him how it is.

Kickstarts-suck
10-16-2008, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by fandl450r
Shart bare @ss on his pillow. Pink eye ftl.

LMFAO!

I was going to say fart on him while hes sleeping or give him a laxative.

MX MaNiAc 06
10-16-2008, 02:43 PM
At orientation i met 3 guys that seemed cool so i got a quad dorm room. One room.. 4 guys. Our schedules were so different. The days i had 8am classes they had late classes n had absolutely no respect for me. I started by reasoning, then got revenge. Id wake up n leave my alarm go off while i went n got a shower. Hooked up with the one kids girl while he was at soccer. She spit gizm on his clean laundry. Stumbled in drunk making noise when they had class early a couple times a week. This bullchit went on for 3 weeks. I found a cool dude n we got an apartment off campus.

Its 1/3 of the cost of living in a dorm. We have our own rooms. I sleep great n get soo much hw done. Let alone the mad parties we throw on the weekends. We get along great n never have problems. In my opinion its the way to go for college.

brian76708
10-16-2008, 02:46 PM
I found your answer

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bYOqxwEWmRQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bYOqxwEWmRQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bz9cKn7yb0s&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bz9cKn7yb0s&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

10-16-2008, 03:34 PM
the buttered florr idea is pricelss. I laughed so hard when i watched it the 2nd one is the best

ZeroLogic
10-16-2008, 06:58 PM
Lmao, I never thought of that!:blah:

10-16-2008, 07:04 PM
i actually want to butter up my own floor and have some fun. One time there was some kind of polish i think the pledge spray for furniture and it was accidentally oversprayed. I was able to run from my parents room onto the dining room rug to get traction then i jumped and just slid to the otherside of my house. One slide was soo good I ended up slamming into the wall at the end so hard I thought i was going through it. My garage floor with oil on it is like a death trap. if only i could paint a street witha big hill with it and just use a little oil.

ZeroLogic
10-16-2008, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by FoxHondaRider
i actually want to butter up my own floor and have some fun. One time there was some kind of polish i think the pledge spray for furniture and it was accidentally oversprayed. I was able to run from my parents room onto the dining room rug to get traction then i jumped and just slid to the otherside of my house. One slide was soo good I ended up slamming into the wall at the end so hard I thought i was going through it. My garage floor with oil on it is like a death trap. if only i could paint a street witha big hill with it and just use a little oil.

I found out about the polish the hard way.:ermm:

chillinsk8err
10-16-2008, 09:47 PM
how close do u live to temple. im still thinking about going there i go to penn state abington right now. i live like 30min from temple.

Sjorge450R
10-16-2008, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by chillinsk8err
how close do u live to temple. im still thinking about going there i go to penn state abington right now. i live like 30min from temple.

i live on campus. Otherwise, i live across the river from trenton.

54warrior
10-17-2008, 05:47 AM
Fortunately for me, my situation was a bit different. Two BR apartment with 4 people. Luckily myself and roomate got along well, but not with the other two. Us two that got along would go away on most weekends. We started noticing that people were sleeping in our beds...YUCK. Anyhow, we went and bought a replacement door knob, that LOCKED! Best thing ever!

As for your situation, I'd try to reason with him first, but since he's a spoiled Beeotch, you're gonna eventually have to either A) be loud and annoying in the morning or B) let the housing people know (they probably won't give a crap though).

How much longer do you have to live with this person?

Sjorge450R
10-17-2008, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by 54warrior

How much longer do you have to live with this person?

...........May:grr:

he went home this weekend and it has been soo nice since he hasnt been here. I actually was able to wake up at 8am because I could get to sleep at 1.

chris46250r
10-17-2008, 10:58 AM
Sometimes hitting a Mfer in the mouth is the only thing that will work. :D

Mxjunkie
10-17-2008, 11:01 AM
My step brother lives on the temple campus if you need a favor.. :devil:

ricksmx865
10-17-2008, 06:39 PM
my old roomate would constantly wake up go to class and leave his door locked with his alarm clock on!!! even after we repeatedly asked him to shut it off when he left it never happen.... one day after a long night it happend again... my other roomate and i pissed kicked in the door and unplugged the alarm clock... never happend again :devil: