PDA

View Full Version : carb cleaning

1newrider
10-16-2008, 08:53 AM
can anyone tell me how to take the carb off never done it b4 looks simple anything you have to do anthing special I should know? before i mess it all up!!

dirtdawg
10-17-2008, 09:46 PM
make sure you drain the fuel in ther carb and shut the petcock off. then, undo the airbox clamp first, then the clamp on the rad valve. on the top of the carb with the throttle cable, there is a metal thing that can be bent in under the cap. before you try to take the cap off though, there is a gold metal thing that fits into the grooves on the side of t cap. unscrew this. the metal thing under the cap locks the cap from spinning open. depress that with pliers or vise-grips and twist off. now, in a clean area, open the bowl and take out the jets. clean them one at a time and then the carb itself. check your o-rings and stuff. if they feel absorbent or bumpy, you need new ones. this is also a good time to check the float height. to check this, just sit the carb upside down, bowl facing up, and measure the distance from the top of the float to the edge where the bowl goes on. if you are unclear about anything, go to the blaster forum. they have all kins of how-to's and pics to go along.

http://www.blasterforum.com/do-yourself/254-how-clean-your-carbureutor.html