View Full Version : need help with head domes!!!

skuddlebug
10-15-2008, 08:40 PM
I tore my top end down to replace the rings, and when I took the head off one of the domes was beat to hell so I need to replace them as well. It has been bored .040 (1mm) over and its suppose to have a 4mm stroker crank but I can't tell. It has an aftermarket head with 22cc domes and I was wanting to go with 19cc domes. Everywhere I look online has different size domes and then an different one for bored and stroked domes. Can I get the 19cc domes and they work or is that for stock bore and stroke or do I need to get the ones for bored and stroked pistons?

skuddlebug
10-15-2008, 08:42 PM
here's an example of what I mean....

http://www.motosport.com/atv/product/MODQUAD-COOL-HEAD-DOMES/?catalogId=108469&words=domes&src=s&srchHistoryURL=vgtgpcw5%7C%7Cwords%7Edomes%5Eparen tCategoryID%7Ecategory_root%5EcategoryID%7E264%5Ec ategoryName%7EATV&cat0=ATV&sMMY=YAMAHA;BANSHEE;2001

loboboy
10-16-2008, 07:17 PM
depending on who built the motor and if you truely have a 4mm crank the piston should be coming out of the cylinder about 2MM. If this is the case then you will need custom cut domes which will give you the proper piston clearance needed. Otherwise if you just need new domes for a .040 bored engine you can change to a 19CC dome but you will be required to run race gas. If there is no porting a 19CC dome will take you close to 200 PSI on your compression and this will require Race Fuel.