PDA

View Full Version : I'm scared.

Honda TRX250ex
10-15-2008, 07:52 PM
Anyone else scared with our economy? Today the dow dropped 7.9% and nasdaq is down 8.5% and the future dont seem bright.

ZeroLogic
10-15-2008, 07:56 PM
Where the **** have you been?:huh

byrdman37876
10-15-2008, 08:33 PM
scared no. pissed yes.

10-15-2008, 08:35 PM
I'm scared of the whiteman

c450Razy
10-15-2008, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by nofearrider1
I'm scared of the whiteman

HAHAHAH

"kill whitey!!!"

Pappy
10-15-2008, 10:02 PM
http://www.usawakeup.org/USSA.htm

c450Razy
10-15-2008, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
http://www.usawakeup.org/USSA.htm

THANK YOU!!! that right there people is the stright up truth...

byrdman37876
10-15-2008, 11:53 PM
as the saying goes "its a big ol chit sandwich and were all going to have to take a bite"

and personally i believe who ever the next prez is, they sure as hell aint going to be able to clean up this mess for a long time.

I'll bet our founding fathers of America are turning over in there graves right now at how the current so called government for the people have it so screwed up that my grand children will still be paying for there mistakes when they are grand parents as well.

they knew what was coming a long time ago but yet they also knew that it would not affect them as badly as the middle class simply because they had the cash to put back so it wouldn't affect them if gas went from 2.90 a gallon to 4.75 for a few months.

yeah i know some people go a little over board on spending for unneeded items. every one on this site has that same vice (mmm..quads come to mind). but the point is what is the single working parent that was just trying to raise there little ones supposed to do when the economy took a kamikaze dive to the ground when they were strapped to begin with?

to sum it all up, well refer to the first sentence for the answer

quads14589
10-16-2008, 04:21 AM
tell you the truth, im liking it gas is going down and winter is comming which isnt always good with a bad economy, my dad has been stocking up on ammo just in case if there ever is really bad times.

ZeroLogic
10-16-2008, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by byrdman37876

I'll bet our founding fathers of America are turning over in there graves right now at how the current so called government for the people have it so screwed up that my grand children will still be paying for there mistakes when they are grand parents as well.

I bet they wouldn't. Look at the dollar bill, the picture on the front. That guy, stole money from the goverment and use it for his personal use. Its been going around since the birth of this country.;)

Quad18star
10-16-2008, 09:43 AM
Markets around the world are down because :

1. Many people have lost a ton of money playing the stocks
2. People are selling off their stocks because markets are crumbling
3. Too many bankruptcies

The markets keep going down in the USA because now they are realizing that the 700 billion wasn't enough . That's why another 250 billion was thrown at the banks earlier this week.

450raider
10-16-2008, 10:05 AM
i still fully feel that the saudis&opec are responsible for the markets worlds downfall...... because everything was cool until they got greedy and raised gas prices and yeah our government took part when they said "well if peoples gonna pay this much for it they wont mind an X amount of taxes added on", but you watch tv and they carry on like the american dollar lowered in value first then gas prices raised which is simply not true..... and really im just about not worried about the politics of it anymore, with the way things are seemingly going my votes not even gonna count in nov. and if it does it does, if not then thats the last time im voting....... but while i dont fully get the "financial crisis" i am rather enjoying the gas going down aspect of it...

Quad18star
10-16-2008, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by 450raider
i still fully feel that the saudis&opec are responsible for the markets worlds downfall...... because everything was cool until they got greedy and raised gas prices and yeah our government took part when they said "well if peoples gonna pay this much for it they wont mind an X amount of taxes added on", but you watch tv and they carry on like the american dollar lowered in value first then gas prices raised which is simply not true..... and really im just about not worried about the politics of it anymore, with the way things are seemingly going my votes not even gonna count in nov. and if it does it does, if not then thats the last time im voting....... but while i dont fully get the "financial crisis" i am rather enjoying the gas going down aspect of it...

I'll respect your opinion ... but here's my view on it .

The oil and gas prices may play a part in the downfall of the markets , but it's just a small percentage. The major players was lending companies handing out billions worth of loans to people they knew could not afford to pay back. I mean they were giving single income families who were making less than $25 000 a year , $400 000 loans .

Now keeping that in mind , most investors will tell you ( before this whole crisis) that you should invest your money into Bank stocks because they are sure winners. Banks make billions each year.... they make money .. their stocks go up ... you make money.

Now throw a loop into all this..... economic downturn. Jobs being lost to overseas, companies closing up for whatever reasons . Now you have all these people that borrowed the big loans from the banks, out of work. Average Joe files bankruptcy ... the Banks lose money. The banks can only take hold of these defaulted loans for so long before they start losing money and have to fold. The banks fold ... Average Joe or Company "X" that invested thousands or millions into bank stocks are now left with nothing in their pockets. They fold.

It's a snowball effect ... and something that is not just affecting the USA or North America , but something that is happening all around the world.

Did you know that Iceland ( the country) has just recently gone bankrupt? If you had any money invested in Iceland ( banks , stocks , whatever) , it is now frozen ( no pun intended) until things get sorted out? Kind of scary to think about it.

Ralph
10-16-2008, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star
I'll respect your opinion ... but here's my view on it .

The oil and gas prices may play a part in the downfall of the markets , but it's just a small percentage. The major players was lending companies handing out billions worth of loans to people they knew could not afford to pay back. I mean they were giving single income families who were making less than $25 000 a year , $400 000 loans .

Now keeping that in mind , most investors will tell you ( before this whole crisis) that you should invest your money into Bank stocks because they are sure winners. Banks make billions each year.... they make money .. their stocks go up ... you make money.

Now throw a loop into all this..... economic downturn. Jobs being lost to overseas, companies closing up for whatever reasons . Now you have all these people that borrowed the big loans from the banks, out of work. Average Joe files bankruptcy ... the Banks lose money. The banks can only take hold of these defaulted loans for so long before they start losing money and have to fold. The banks fold ... Average Joe or Company "X" that invested thousands or millions into bank stocks are now left with nothing in their pockets. They fold.

It's a snowball effect ... and something that is not just affecting the USA or North America , but something that is happening all around the world.

Did you know that Iceland ( the country) has just recently gone bankrupt? If you had any money invested in Iceland ( banks , stocks , whatever) , it is now frozen ( no pun intended) until things get sorted out? Kind of scary to think about it.

Is it true that Canadians buy milk in bags?

Quad18star
10-16-2008, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by Ralph
Is it true that Canadians buy milk in bags?

We sure do. 3 pouches per bag ...... therefore 3 litres of milk. :devil:

Ralph
10-16-2008, 06:37 PM
We sure do. 3 pouches per bag ...... therefore 3 litres of milk. :devil:

now I'm scared too!

Quad18star
10-16-2008, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by Ralph
now I'm scared too!

You damn right better be scared .... you're talking to someone that drinks Milk from bags and eats beaver tails. :devil:

For your enjoyment ... I present to you, The bag of milk !!!!:p

http://home.cogeco.ca/~husky66/Milk/store/store3.JPG
http://lh4.ggpht.com/_fS_EtLJhgBA/RxfoUeF_InI/AAAAAAAAAOQ/7WqqtUpJvs4/bag-o-milk.jpg

And .. The BeaverTail.
http://maplelavie.up.seesaa.net/image/Food_Beavertail.jpg

ZeroLogic
10-16-2008, 06:54 PM
You damn right better be scared .... you're talking to someone that drinks Milk from bags and eats beaver tails. :devil:

For your enjoyment ... I present to you, The bag of milk !!!!:p

http://home.cogeco.ca/~husky66/Milk/store/store3.JPG
http://lh4.ggpht.com/_fS_EtLJhgBA/RxfoUeF_InI/AAAAAAAAAOQ/7WqqtUpJvs4/bag-o-milk.jpg

And .. The BeaverTail.
http://maplelavie.up.seesaa.net/image/Food_Beavertail.jpg

What in the hell?!:huh

450raider
10-16-2008, 08:31 PM
quad18star....... seriously beaver tails? as in them little critters that builds dams and such? and the milk in the bag idea is sweet, dam canada is cool...... how would you say canadian chicks differ from ours? (remember your responses may influence a new immigrant within a few months :D )

10-16-2008, 08:36 PM
quad18star....... seriously beaver tails? as in them little critters that builds dams and such? and the milk in the bag idea is sweet, dam canada is cool...... how would you say canadian chicks differ from ours? (remember your responses may influence a new immigrant within a few months :D )

there not 400 pounds.

aron450r
10-16-2008, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by nofearrider1
there not 400 pounds.

lmao if thats true im moving.

and this thred got turned around... lol

Quad18star
10-17-2008, 06:37 AM

You've never tried beavertail? :huh You don't know what you're missing. Throw them in a deep fryer , butter them and top them with whatever you want.... cinnamon , brown sugar, icing .. whatever really. You might get the odd hair or two if the guy didn't skin it well but that's nothing. ;)

As for the women ... it's the same as Europe and the States . Our women eat enough beavertail and moose meat that they have the figure of European women. :devil:

http://bsornot.whipnet.net/images/Gallery/images/europe.vs.america.jpg

Pappy
10-17-2008, 06:39 AM
If it werent true, Id be a bit upset at that picture...lol

Mxjunkie
10-17-2008, 10:32 AM
Anyone remeber the guy who predicted the world would end by 2012? Hey maybe he ment the **** would hit the fan completely in 2012.. :p

I'm so disgusted with living in this time era that it's sad, I see plenty of people spending money, my business hasn't slowed down as much as I expected it to but who knows.. I'm scared to go to a school because I don't want to take out the loans and never be able to pay them back having them come back and take all of my toys to help pay off the debt, but with the way things are in my industry you HAVE to be certifed to make the money that is needed to live.. bad enough I got the snap on guy on my arse.. lol It's enough to make you want to just pitch a tent and live in the mofo for awhile. :grr:

Quad18star
10-17-2008, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie
Anyone remeber the guy who predicted the world would end by 2012? Hey maybe he ment the **** would hit the fan completely in 2012.. :p

I'm so disgusted with living in this time era that it's sad, I see plenty of people spending money, my business hasn't slowed down as much as I expected it to but who knows.. I'm scared to go to a school because I don't want to take out the loans and never be able to pay them back having them come back and take all of my toys to help pay off the debt, but with the way things are in my industry you HAVE to be certifed to make the money that is needed to live.. bad enough I got the snap on guy on my arse.. lol It's enough to make you want to just pitch a tent and live in the mofo for awhile. :grr:

Josh ... investing in your future is never a bad idea. Getting a loan or spending money to further your education will only help you further down the road and you will make that money back a thousand times over in your lifetime.

In your case you want to be a body man ( a field that will ALWAYS have work .. unless they invent cars completly made of rubber that will reshape after an accident) .... so let's say you spend $15 000 to further your education and get these certificates. I don't know what a body man makes per year , but let's say it's $40 000 a year. Take $3000 a year to pay off the loan and in 5 years it's paid for ( add a bit for interest so maybe 7 years) or somewhere between $250 -$300 a month.

It makes more sense to spend it on education , rather than take that $15 000 loan , buy a car , truck, quad , etc ... and have it's value drop by half within 3 months of purchasing. That's why people are getting into trouble ... they much rather take out loans and spend it on Toys , rather than spend it on something that will make them more money.

Mxjunkie
10-17-2008, 04:30 PM
I hear ya greg it's just frustrating thats all lol.. I have 29 grand to look forward to, 15 months of school but I can't even afford to drive to the school which is my fault for having a small block under the hood.. I'll admit that! lol BUT I know damn well one of these days I'll find myself a beater.. :p

Quad18star
10-17-2008, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie
I hear ya greg it's just frustrating thats all lol.. I have 29 grand to look forward to, 15 months of school but I can't even afford to drive to the school which is my fault for having a small block under the hood.. I'll admit that! lol BUT I know damn well one of these days I'll find myself a beater.. :p

You just gotta do it. Trust me ... I'm 25 and said to myself " F^&k it .. I'm going back to school no matter what or else I'm going to be stuck working a parts counter all my life."

As much as I hated having to do it , I went out and got a Student Loan to pay for college , sold my truck and bought a small economical car ( I went from a Dodge 4x4 to a Saturn Ion :huh ) ... but that alone is saving me about $500 a month in gas. I'll get another truck when I'm working but right now I needed something that I could actually afford. It's no hot rod and no chick magnet ( which my girlfriend is happy about) but what the hell ... it gets me around. I know your truck is a way to show off your work , and buying a beater is probably your best bet. If you pay $500 for a car and it lasts you 15months , hell you're ahead of the game. Sacrifices pay off later down the road.

I don't want to sound like a preacher , but you seem like a smart kid with your head screwed on right .... you can do it and you'll thank yourself later on.

K-Dub
10-17-2008, 09:59 PM
Well gentlemen its like this, the only people that can put a stop to this is: we the people! Our Founding Farthers (Benjamin Franklin, George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, James Madison, Alexander Hamilton, and John Adams) wrote the Constitution so that when the government became to corrupt that we the people could rise up and regain control. But by todays standards those gentlemen I listed above, would be labled terrorist by our society and laws. Be put in jail or exacuted for treason.

I firmly beleive that the 2nd admentment was written so that we the people could be armed equal to the milatary so we could take the government back once it became corrupt. But most of us Americans are to lazy or to worried about drinking the next beer and/or getting high to scream 2 arms on our way to D.C. to take the country back! I figure it will take atleast 10,000,000 of us to do much good, so when somebody gets 9,999,999 let me know Ill be there to finish it out. Cause who ever tries to start it I figure will dissapear and never be seen again thanks to No Such Agency or the Christians In Action or one of the other alphabet soups. Then we can start over with the original 13 admendments plus one.

14A No lawyer can run for or hold an elected office.

14B No lawyer can make a salary greater than the average salary of the working middle class.

aron450r
10-18-2008, 08:18 PM
You've never tried beavertail? :huh You don't know what you're missing. Throw them in a deep fryer , butter them and top them with whatever you want.... cinnamon , brown sugar, icing .. whatever really. You might get the odd hair or two if the guy didn't skin it well but that's nothing. ;)

As for the women ... it's the same as Europe and the States . Our women eat enough beavertail and moose meat that they have the figure of European women. :devil:

http://bsornot.whipnet.net/images/Gallery/images/europe.vs.america.jpg

well guys im moving next week lol.