PDA

View Full Version : New Racer this year.

redonkulousruntsracing
10-15-2008, 07:42 PM
Hello all. We are new to his forum and have been researching an Apex 50 MXR for my son next year. My son Seth is 4 and raced his first season this year. In 12 races he finished all of them in the top 4. On a yard quad. he ran an 03 Bombarier DS50. I put the usual Hetrick goodies on it, but there comes a point where your limited on a quad like this. I could of spent $2500 on suspension and disc brakes but why bother when Either a DRR or Apex 50 liquid can be had at the same price.

I can relate to the idea of a good rider on a stock bike beating up on the top dollar machines with riders who cant handle them. All year long my boy had the crappiest machine at the track, but he rode awesome. He was schooling the older kids off the gate. He earned the name "Holeshot" at one of our last races. He would lead the race for about 250 feet then the DRR's and Apex's would go by him, but he managed to hang in there. All season he was running competitive in the 50jr.4-6 year old class, and we let him race in the 50sr.5-8 year old class. He came in 3rd in points in thr Jr. class and tied for 3rd in the Sr. class in the Rock Maple Racing series. So for now I am going to soak in some more reading, and next year we will see what he can do on a quad that was not designed to putt around the yard. Apex50 MXR or DRR liquid cooled 50, Hmm which do we get? We shall see.

Logan #34's Dad
10-16-2008, 08:56 PM
Hey Sickair,
I personally would go with the DRR50. I did not think Apex made a 50 but they may. The DRR will cost a bit less for basically the same machine. BUT the most important thing to remember is there is little to none customer service with Apex. DRR has stood behind their machine - when there was a problem they fixed it. Gary (bulldogfallon) sells both so call him and get his opinion. New York is big but, Cory at www.Koolkidzatv.com sells DRR.
The money saved initially can be used for suspension.

hotquads1
10-17-2008, 09:12 AM
while you are deciding on which to buy, keep in mind the Apex is not legal to be raced in the ATVA 4-6 year old class. I dont know where you will be racing but one day you may want to go to a big event just to find out Apex cannot enter the race. DRR dominates all of the 50 limited classes , but I may be biased since we are a DRR dealer ,We have sevaral customers in New York if you want some first hand input on the 2 quads. If we can answer any questions , feel free to call . good luck! maybe Logans34dad will give us a good recommendation. LOL
marc

JAG Motosports
10-17-2008, 07:18 PM
"maybe Logans34dad will give us a good recommendation. LOL
marc"

I'll give ya a good recommendation. Without your tech support (which I abuse......alot) I don't know where we would be. Ever since the very first call you have bent over backwards to help. You always have the parts we need to keep Jordan on the track, but it would be nice if you were out of stock once in awhile.... my pocketbook could use a break. You represent DRR well!

Thanks, Ken

Logan #34's Dad
10-17-2008, 07:53 PM
Hey Ken, Your a buttkisser! LOL. Marc knows I love him.:p

JAG Motosports
10-17-2008, 08:20 PM
Geeez! Just tryin to get a discount. Times are tough ya know!