PDA

View Full Version : jetting

Project300EX
10-15-2008, 07:32 PM
I have a Dasa full exhaust, K&N w/ Outerwears, and a HotCams stg 2 cam and tried to rejet it today. I was recommended to start with a 185 main jet with 2.5 turns out on the fuel screw. At first I got bad stalling at about half throttle. I started working my way down and the rpms where it stalled went lower, but it was still stalling. As I'd turn the screw in it eventually die. Any tips or ideas?

Project300EX
10-16-2008, 11:04 AM

Bwild
10-16-2008, 02:56 PM
dID YOU RICHEN UP YOUR NEEDLE? IT CONTROLS HALF THROTTLE

Project300EX
10-16-2008, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by Bwild
dID YOU RICHEN UP YOUR NEEDLE? IT CONTROLS HALF THROTTLE

I didn't mess with the needle yet. Would changing the main jet affect the needle? IE would it still be richer in the middle without changing the needle, but going to a larger main jet? From the way it's acting I think I may need to lean the needle down some. It was lean before I changed the jet, but never stalled.

Bwild
10-16-2008, 03:37 PM
A bigger main jet does not effect the needle at all, Is the quad backfiring or bogging out? If it is backfiring richen the needle if not lean it out, if it is only half throttle the quad acts up it is the needle at full throttle is it fine?

Project300EX
10-16-2008, 03:58 PM
It doesn't backfire. I got some popping on decelleration when I leaned the fuel screw out. I had it adjusted good otherwise except for it stalling out at half throttle. When it was leaned out a bit more the rpm that it stalled was lower. I never went above the rpm that it bogged at.

Bwild
10-16-2008, 04:07 PM
I would try riching up the needle. cause if the rpm dropped when you leaned the fuel screw it needs more fuel