PDA

View Full Version : 2002 250ex help

Blaze
10-15-2008, 05:40 PM
hmm,well i got the granny of all mechines, but, i suppose i can't find any graphic for it at all i checked www.rockymountainatv.com and www.denniskirk.com and found nothing, also looking into jetting it, is it difficult? and any suggestions on what to do to open it up a bit more until i upgrade into a new mechine?

Thanks

MRJACK9
10-16-2008, 11:24 AM
You will notice the abundance of posting on this website, from guys who tried to modify their machines. Treat yours as I have mine, a 2002 250Ex, leave it stock and have fun. I am in my 7th year now, with only a battery as a problem. This taught me never to jump start from a car battery, never to charge the battery with a charger rated over 1 ½ Amps. I change the oil every 25 hours or less, clean the air filter more often, check the tires every riding day. I ride with guys on a Honda 400 and a Blaster and yes they leave me on the flat. The stock 250 Ex will go 52 MPH, their machines about 70 MPH. I don't have their chain maintenance and alignment problems. They generally ride at my level, not hot dog. At the end of the day we have all had fun There is a quotable saying “the bigger the machine the quicker it will kill you”. I ride in a National Preserve and every day I see the ambulances and the helicopters hauling away the guys who needed just that little more. Leave it stock and have fun, that why you bought it, to have fun. Leave the maintenance headaches and the dying to others.

Blaze
10-16-2008, 05:38 PM
Yes i understand where you're coming from, i also read on the FAQ about all of this and i did not mean to flood on this topic. But i know the bigger is not always better but i wanted to do something to make it a bit better until the time comes that i will be able to afford my 2009 KFX 450r i will not go bigger then a 450. but for now i like my little 250ex i only wanna rejet it for the k&n filter and buy my DG V-Pro bumper and mayber a few other things to protect the underneath. but thank you for your advice.

dirtdawg
10-16-2008, 08:22 PM
i have a full hmf exhaust and twin air filter and am running a 105 main and a 42 pilot and 3-3.5 turns out on the fuel screw. i'm under 500 feet of elevation however in RI. you can find out how to read spark plugs and jets from jetsrus are pretty cheap. that's where i buy mine. they don't have a kit for the 250 though, only the bigger quads.

Blaze
10-20-2008, 12:58 PM
i have a few questions, one the airbox lid being removed does that help? because i ordered a different lid, also hmf full system how much did that cost you?

dirtdawg
10-20-2008, 08:09 PM
i got it used for $175. new will be like $350 plus. you ordered a new airbox lid? why? just take the lid off altogether. not a good idea though if you ride in a lot of mud.

Blaze
10-21-2008, 02:54 PM
ah i see, yeah i do ride in mud not all the time but sometimes i just wanted to protect it, but i also didnt know taking it off did anything.

dirtdawg
10-21-2008, 07:10 PM
it just allows more air in. more air and fuel makes more power. you should rejet though if you take the lid off and get an aftermarket filter. they run lean from the factory.

Blaze
10-22-2008, 09:45 AM
yeah my jets are on their way and i alrdy have a k&n in right now