PDA

View Full Version : Overheating and NO FAN

sparks1032
10-15-2008, 02:26 AM
Anyone have this problem? I was out this weekend and it coughed green ooze and then overheated. I thought it was because it was rolled and most or some of the antifreeze spilled out but filled it up and went out to have it overheat again.

Fuse? checked
Bad relay? not sure how
Help?

bo142s
10-15-2008, 10:05 AM
make sure you check the little fuse under the little brown thing there should be two brown things mine hade a cut in the wire to the little brown fuse box

Colby@C&DRacing
10-16-2008, 09:48 AM
There has been relay problems with kfx450. I had one last week that had a bad temp sensor on the back of the cylinder. If you find a blown fuse trace out the wiring and look for bare worn wires this also seems to be a common thing on this atv

BEARAZZ
10-16-2008, 08:05 PM
i agree... I had the same problem and it was the wire coming off the temp sensor. If you follow the wire from your sensor up to where it meets your frame. there is a flexible holder that is rubber coated that holds it to your frame. right there is where mine rubbed and caused a bare spot. i taped it just a little then put it a piece a fuel line over it then taped the crap out of it and never had a problem since then