PDA

View Full Version : Parts Availability

ltrracer
10-14-2008, 10:41 PM
Im really thinking about switching to KTM for my race bike for next season but i have heard that parts for these things are very expensive and hard to get, i want to know if this is true or not cuz i dont wanna break down and have to wait a month to get a part. Thanks

patrickj75
10-15-2008, 07:23 AM
I haven't had any problems getting parts. As far as prices, some stuff is spendy but most aren't that bad.

04TRX400EX
10-15-2008, 12:41 PM
It depends on what type of parts you are referring to. KTM has a bunch of PowerParts available for both models but the aftermarket is slim compared to a Honda or Yamaha for example. Give it time though and more products will become available. The good thing is a lot of parts on the XC model will carry over to the SX, such as the exhaust canister.

The main parts issue I have heard about and encountered is oil filters for the 450/505SX because it is a specific part just for that engine - it's not the same as the one from the 450SX-F dirt bike. KTM seems to be slow on filling orders for them and no aftermarket companies such as K&N or Tusk make them yet.

ltrracer
10-15-2008, 12:44 PM
k, ya when im referring to parts im talking about stock stuff. like oil filters or if i ruin a head or anything like that. Those are the kind of parts im talking about, not aftermarket. THanks

ktmbill
10-20-2008, 06:09 PM
You will have no problem getting parts. The cases & oil filter is not the same but the rest of the motor is the same as the 450 SX-F dirt bike.

h-bomb450R
12-01-2008, 01:06 PM
I was considering getting an sx but im not too sure if it's a good idea since every person that i know with a KTM has a hell of a time getting parts for them. not aftermarket, but things like tie-rod ends and spindles and oil filters etc. It seems to me if KTM wanted to have a truly "race ready" deal then they would be busting their a*s to make sure that racers dont have to worry about their $11,000 investment sitting in their garage because they can't change the oil....

hendershot106
12-01-2008, 02:48 PM
rocky mountain atv shows that they have oil filters and air filters in stock for the new sx..... when i was checking...