PDA

View Full Version : What's my 250x worth?

roadthrills
10-14-2008, 07:53 PM
I need to pay some bills so I'm thinking about selling my '92 250x. Here's what I've done to it.
Totally stripped and all parts cleaned & inspected.
Everything primered & painted.
Extended the factory swingarm +3" and added a steel diamondplate guard.
New axle bearings and seals.
XR500 fully adjustable shock on back.
Front end still tight, lubed everything.
All brake calipers gone through, parking brake removed, and blockoff installed.
DG steel nerf bars.
Custom built polished aluminum grab bar.
Stadium front bumper.
Custom built headlight mount with 55w driving light.
OEM plastics are bright silver metallic base/clear painted.
Custom made silver marine grade vinyl seat cover.
Moose carbon steel handlebars, new grips, oem controls and reverse have been "re-arranged".
Motor totally dis-assembled and cleaned.
New Honda crank bearings.
New Vesrah rod kit.
Offset 3mm stroker crank pin.
Bored 2mm over.
Wiseco 12:1 piston.
Ported and polished head.
New Kibblewhite Diamond valves and valvespring set.
Oem Honda cam advanced 4 degrees by way of crank timing gear.
All new gaskets and seals.
Custom built dual exhaust with 2 straight thru cans. It was originally a Katana 4 into 2 exhaust system. Sounds nice!
Jetted carb.
Free flowing airfilter and modified airbox lid.
Polished rocker covers, and both crankcase side covers.
Custom made polished aluminum sprocket guard with case saver built onto it.
New sprockets and chain, just standard stuff all I do is trail ride.

I have ridden this thing about 20-30 hours since the full rebuild.
So........does anybody know how much I could sell it for? Be realistic, I know it's kind of out of date.

dirtdawg
10-14-2008, 08:16 PM
$2250? that seems right to me. you can' really base it on the year of the quad since you rebuilt it. that's how it is with most older quads. as long as you kept up with it and it looks good you should be alright cuz your engine is fairly new.

SET THE STAGE
10-15-2008, 04:07 PM
1200-1500

cmaxx
10-15-2008, 04:16 PM
post pics.but id say about $1750-$2000.

roadthrills
10-15-2008, 08:41 PM
Here's a couple pics. I was going to add some black graphics but I just haven't gotten around to it.

roadthrills
10-15-2008, 08:42 PM
Another.

mike maddrell
10-17-2008, 04:10 PM
whats up with the dual exhaust?

is it a funtional one to two?

roadthrills
10-20-2008, 12:14 PM
Yes, all functional, built by me. It has virtually no restriction and a nice smooth deep note. It works great!.

10-29-2008, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by roadthrills
Yes, all functional, built by me. It has virtually no restriction and a nice smooth deep note. It works great!.

dude how did you do it?

roadthrills
10-30-2008, 08:19 AM
I bought a used Katana 600 4into2 system from a local motorcycle salvage. Then I used a chopsaw to cut out the bends a piece at a time as I fitted them & spot welded them. The pipe has a y right at the exhaust port then a rams horn piece with slip joints. That is the only way it can be built and still be taken off. Then the two side pipes are seperate pieces. Once it was all mocked up and fit, all joints were fully mig welded and ground back down. Then I sandblasted the whole system and gave it a coat of paint. The mufflers are SpecII off the same exhaust. But I guess you could use anything. The only real issue with the whole system is the choke lever. It is kind of hidden behind the left exhaust pipe. Not a problem when the pipe is cold but be very careful reaching in there if the pipe is hot! Pics of the exhaust are here-->http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=140119