PDA

View Full Version : how many

Mxjunkie
10-14-2008, 06:09 PM
I've always wondered ever since the economy took the skids and most work places have dropped insurance polices for their workers how many of you guys out there don't have insurance? I know a lot of my buddys had to quit racing due to not having any insurance.. :tired:

ZeroLogic
10-14-2008, 06:12 PM
Weird! I just got off the phone with Progressive and Geico for dirt bike insurance to cover my *** when I fall. Next year, well, in a few months, I won't have health insurance.:ermm: Anyone got any ideas for health insurance that a 19 year old full time worker can afford?:ermm:

c450Razy
10-14-2008, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by ZeroLogic
Weird! I just got off the phone with Progressive and Geico for dirt bike insurance to cover my *** when I fall. Next year, well, in a few months, I won't have health insurance.:ermm: Anyone got any ideas for health insurance that a 19 year old full time worker can afford?:ermm:

HAHA same boat dude, if i have a wreck it better kill me cause if it does any less than that iam ****ed lol

Mxjunkie
10-14-2008, 08:31 PM
herd that, I'd never be able to pay for a hospital bill if I got really busted up riding.. kinda makes me wonder if I should even race this weekend.. I haven't ridden once in 2008 sadly enough and I'm kinda bummed about it.. :ermm:

SRH
10-14-2008, 08:48 PM
i was debating quitting my job to do my business fulltime but i wanted to race so i said eh ill do 1 or 2 races without whats the chances well i didnt quit my job first race i break my back paralyzed from the waist down, unless you were rich the chances of paying for everything ive needed out of pocket would put you in the bankruptcy boat

i know people that have ran season after season without but trust me when your laying there hurt you regret the crash , i couldnt imagine if i didnt have insurance how dumb i would of felt

Quad18star
10-14-2008, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by SRH
i was debating quitting my job to do my business fulltime but i wanted to race so i said eh ill do 1 or 2 races without whats the chances well i didnt quit my job first race i break my back paralyzed from the waist down, unless you were rich the chances of paying for everything ive needed out of pocket would put you in the bankruptcy boat

i know people that have ran season after season without but trust me when your laying there hurt you regret the crash , i couldnt imagine if i didnt have insurance how dumb i would of felt

Chit man I haven't seen you on here since your accident. Have you regained any movement or feeling below your waist? I ahven't heard any updates ... I hope all is going well.

SRH
10-14-2008, 09:00 PM
some, im hoping this isnt permanent, but only time will tell....metzger came back, henry came back, my injury is similar to theres, so dammit i want my movement back too

ZeroLogic
10-14-2008, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by c450Razy
HAHA same boat dude, if i have a wreck it better kill me cause if it does any less than that iam ****ed lol
Weird again, but I was telling my girl the samething. :p I couldn't live paying off a 100k hospital bill.

Originally posted by SRH

Thats crazy, I didn't know you got paralyzed. When did you fall bro?

Pipeless416
10-14-2008, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by SRH
some, im hoping this isnt permanent, but only time will tell....metzger came back, henry came back, my injury is similar to theres, so dammit i want my movement back too

make sure you keep that attitude! :muscle:

SRH
10-14-2008, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by ZeroLogic
Weird again, but I was telling my girl the samething. :p I couldn't live paying off a 100k hospital bill.

Thats crazy, I didn't know you got paralyzed. When did you fall bro?

about a month and a half ago

Mxjunkie
10-14-2008, 09:44 PM
Damn it's good to see you posting! I was wondering how you were doing man.. I wish you the best of luck too! :)

blacknblue#2
10-14-2008, 10:58 PM
2 years ago on xmas eve i had a good buddy snap his arm into. Family owned a sawmill but had no insurance due to the price. He now has what we call his 40,000 dollar titanium arm...... still rides all the time. Its definitely a big risk you take riding without it but if you love the sport then you let nothing stop ya i guess

fastredrider44
10-15-2008, 10:18 AM
I don't have insurance, and I do race. I do my best to be careful, but accidents happen. I figure one good hospital visit will teach me my lesson, and I'll go get insurance.

ZeroLogic
10-15-2008, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by SRH
about a month and a half ago

Wow, no kiddin. Best of luck to ya man.:macho