PDA

View Full Version : need advice on buying a banshee

bossman525
10-14-2008, 11:32 AM
hey guys. i'm looking at a 1998 banshee that is completly stock except for fmf pipes and silencers. they only want 2200 dollars for it. what do i need to look out for on these machines? is this a good deal? i just want to get one and make it strictly for the dunes. any problems with this year?

bossman525
10-15-2008, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by bossman525
hey guys. i'm looking at a 1998 banshee that is completly stock except for fmf pipes and silencers. they only want 2200 dollars for it. what do i need to look out for on these machines? is this a good deal? i just want to get one and make it strictly for the dunes. any problems with this year?
anybody?? they must be perfect or a big pile of ****. thanks for the replies. i really dont know anything about the banshee thats why i posted.

Xater
10-19-2008, 05:19 PM
The thing i noticed with banshees is that most of the ones older than 2000 are beat but the looks do have a part on how good it was taken care of. If you go look at it make sure it runs good and everything is there. Most likey some bearings will be worn out but they're pretty cheep. If you do buy it i would clean the carbs and make sure they jetted it for the pipes, when i bought mine it had one size bigger mains with pipes and a port job.... good luck.

10-20-2008, 03:33 PM
Check it over real good.

Bring a compression tester with you. Should be anywhere above 100.
Check all the bearings/bushing, etc.

See how she runs and make sure it was jetted properly. IE: doesnt bog or smoke too much.

good luck!

martimatt550
10-28-2008, 08:59 PM
In many cases stock is REAL good:) :) :) the less hands in the soup the less the soup tastes like hands....you can't however stress the importance off lookin it over good .