PDA

View Full Version : Big Thank you to NEATV, racers and dads

Nichols Atvs
10-13-2008, 09:11 PM
Well we ran the last NEATV race we had a great time, alot of good racers and some super nice people . Our luck on the other hand did not go so well . We had practice on Sat blew a belt had to be towed off the track. missed the 2 nd made the 3rd the front variator went so again towed of the track . So we got 4 laps total on sat out of 4 times to practice . Big thank you goes out to andyman 17 dad, d blacks and the backwoods boys for the big search for a extra variator because i left a box of parts 5 hours aways
( FOOL ) Sundays practice went great we ran awesome . Third race of the morning came off the gate in 5th doing good for the first 3/4 of the track over the Intimidator under the bridge over the bridge waiting!! NO QUAD comes out, two laps go by. tow quad tows us back . Nut backed off from front variator luckly no damage . So first moto DNF . Well i said theres my thrid strike its all good from here. Fixed cvt, quads running good again. Time for second moto, Gate drops we pull off the gate in 4th getting to the first corner got into some loose sand drop back to 6 th , rider and quad going strong, same 3/4 track run good jump over the intimadator again under then over the bridge . first place quad finnaly out of the woods, then You guessed no green DRR . All four laps compled. quad towed back to trailer with back tires draging ( YOU GOT TO BE KIDDING ) tell me the chain is off , or the disc is bent or what ever . Pulled off the cvt cover everythings fine . EXECPT FOR THE TRANNY GEARS WHICH WERE STRIPPED AND BROKEN moto 2 DNF. Landon was in good sprites he said to me dad I was kind of bummed when all this happened . but Im glad it didnt do this two weeks ago when he was battling it out for his grand champion ship at our local track which he won by 13 points. He said that I wish i could have shown the other kids how good of a rider I was , to the kids that were 9 and 10 because im 7 and I know i was not coming in first but maybe somewhere in the middle . I told him thats ok that he has improved a lot this year . maybe we'll attend more NEATV races . Thanks for listen to me ramble but Im very proud of my Boy . Oh and Thanks wayne for the great parking spot.

dblacks
10-14-2008, 05:27 AM
Variator issues were an odd thing, tranny issue on that track is not surprising as Landon was used to the more forgiving track surface at the sportsman club, He will adjust once he rides on more different tracks. big difference going from a track that a normal 4 lap moto to a track that equaled about 1 lap. As you saw it was a good time either way and good people to hang out with, always willing to help. I know Mike was doing the math on how much it would cost with both kids..$$$$. Well worth it if the kids are having fun in my book

Andyman17dad
10-14-2008, 03:45 PM
Hope to see you guys at a few more next year!