how much oil shoud i have in it to run?

what type of coolant?

how often do change the oil and coolant

my fan doesnt turn on as much as it use too

would kfx450 rims fit on my quad?

Thanks everyone

Jimbo M
10-15-2008, 02:56 PM
2100 ml of oil in the oil tank. I use Engine Ice coolant. Flush system with distailled water 1st because you cannot mix Engine Ice with regular coolant. Depends on what kind of riding you're doing in terms of oil and coolant change intervals. Change coolant at least once a year. Oil really depends on how hard you ride it. KFX 450 rims fit, but you will need to buy flat (not tapered) lug nuts - very cheap from Rocky Mountain.

5thgearpin
10-22-2008, 10:22 PM
2100 ml is that like full to the point that it is about to pour back out?

Jimbo M
10-23-2008, 02:43 PM
When I drain all the oil out and put in a new oil filter, I use a measuring cup and put in 2100 ml. Start your engine, let it run for a few minutes, turn it off, let it sit a few minutes, pull out the dip stick, clean it off, put it back in until the threads touch WITHOUT screwing it back in and check your oil level. No it should not be overflowing. Did you drain the oil from the crankcase and the oil tank? You should. This is all on pages 56-60 in owners manual.

5thgearpin
10-23-2008, 07:43 PM
i dont have an owners manuel or a repair one im in the process of ordering one from kawi

yes i drained the oil tank bc it was stripped when i bought it i tapped it and put a new filter in too