PDA

View Full Version : anyone ever pinch a nerve from riding?

250r rider 88
10-13-2008, 06:08 PM
well i went and practiced sat. at a track close to home and finally got my elkas dialed in pretty good and was riding the fastest i have all year and felt great all day

then i wake up sunday and the usual soreness is there, but usually it goes away by mid day and now its monday night and it is still there in my lower back and thighs, it feel like the muscles are pulled as tight as possible and just arent loosening up, my mom is a nurse and seems to think its a pinched nerve

just wandering if anyone else had this happen and how long did it last/what did you do to get it to go away?

madskrillz2
10-13-2008, 07:41 PM
Yeah I had one, one time when I had a small get off. It was like right above my hip and hurt like a *****. It only lasted about a week though.

250r rider 88
10-13-2008, 07:50 PM
damn, i hope it doesn't last that long if its not gone by tomorrow night im getting some muscle relaxers or something cause it takes everything i have just to walk right now, and getting in and out of a truck or going up and down stairs is just sheer pain

madskrillz2
10-13-2008, 07:58 PM
Yeah it hurts pretty bad. When it first happened I thought I had broke my hip or pulled something out of socket. That ended my day of riding to say the least.

Ryan
10-13-2008, 08:47 PM
I have a pinched nerve in my back but never had a temporary pinched nerve....

Pinched nerves sure do hurt real bad... I feel it every day. My one disk is pinching a nerve, running up my spine.

I think stretching is really the key..... Do alot of stretching before you hit the track and see if it helps. Sometimes you gotta bite your tounge and fight threw the pain. But Stretching (in my case) definitly minimizes the pain.