PDA

View Full Version : HELP My Banshee wont start!!

skuddlebug
10-13-2008, 01:25 PM
I have a 2001 Banshee, It has a Trinity Racing 4mm stroker crank and bored cylinders which brings its displacement to 421cc. It also has a FMF fatty pipes,Trinity Racing head, boost bottle, and "drag race" porting to match the stroker crank. (copied from the ad I bought it from). It started and rode fine for about 2 months then started "fouling" plugs after an hour or two of riding then started "missing" real bad. So I bought a new coil and it ran fine. So one day after riding I drove it onto my trailer. shut it off and drove home. Now it won't do anything! First i changed the plugs and made sure they both had fire (they did) still nothing. then after reading a few other posts with similar problems I took both carbs off (29mm kiehin) and cleaned everything to the valves. Everything looked good with no cracks or holes. Still nothing. I bought a compression tester and after putting in on each cylinder and cranking 10 - 15 times neither side went above 50. (I dont know if thats good or bad but both sides were the same). I read somewhere that I should test my stator and sparkplugs but I don' know what to use or have anything to test them with. I did read one post of another guy having the same problem but now I can't find his post. If you have any ideas, PLEASE help!! I miss riding!

[The pic was takin the last time I had it out riding.]

10-13-2008, 07:16 PM
now im sure this ant your problem but you should get bigger carbs with jet kits , because you got that big bore kit , you checked the reeds ? maybe you need a new top end?, got to your local yamaha dealer for testers b/c if its not a yamaha dealer they charge way more for the yamahas!

speedy00793
10-13-2008, 08:24 PM
Compression is too low.

skuddlebug
10-13-2008, 09:17 PM
I don't know if that can be right or not. It was running fine then when I went to start it again nothing happened. It's a new compression tester and it had a few different attachments so I'm gonna check it again.