PDA

View Full Version : 2000 Banshee trail riding carbs.

Scrap2000
10-12-2008, 04:30 PM
First I just want to say whats up to everyone. I'm new to the site and have found some useful info here already.

I recently picked up a 2000 Banshee stock except for toomey t5 pipes. I do mainly trail riding. I was wondering whats the best bet for carbs. Friends tell me the single carb kits. Its kinda expensive though. So what do you guys think for trail riding?

Thanks Scrap-

asohagan
10-13-2008, 10:36 PM
stay with stock, just jet them to whatever pipes you have or are gonna get and go play mine loved the trails

Scrap2000
10-13-2008, 11:21 PM
Thanks for the reply, I'm running Toomey T5 pipes. How do I figure out what jets to run?

Thanks for the help...

asohagan
10-14-2008, 04:27 AM
i run fmf fattys so i am not sure exactly what jets to tell you to start with. you will need to put in a new set of plugs and run it wide open down the road and shut it off, check the color of your plugs, they should be a light honey color when its tuned correctly, if its dark its rich and if its really light or white you are lean, you will need to go with bigger jets of course from stock, but i am not sure what you will need, i am sure someone else will read this and be a little more help than me.

Scrap2000
10-14-2008, 02:54 PM
Well you still helped me out, Gave me a place to start. I know with the plugs that are in it now are dark. So I'm running to rich definitely. Thanks again..

10-14-2008, 03:57 PM
Welcome.

Not that this site is bad, but for banshee's it's horrible.

bansheehq has TONS of helpful info and people. They can put you on the right track for jetting and such.

Im bansheeb0y5505 over there.

And as previously stated, keep the stock carbs. If you want it to be better in trails, rip off the stock 14 front tooth and put a 12 on. My dad did, and not only is it more responsive and much more snappy, it still has a 65+mph top speed. Now when I ride a stock geared banshee it feels pretty sluggish and way over geared. The 12 is like it was meant to be.

asohagan
10-15-2008, 12:10 AM
you are definatley right the 12 tooth front is great for slow technical trails, but i like to run mine at 14f and 42 rear for most everything. i do run a 38 rear for flat track though

martimatt550
10-27-2008, 10:48 PM
hey, about your toomeys give them a call tell them what you got they will help you find your start for jetting ...they were good to me about six months ago... web.......... toomeyracingusa hope that helps!!!!!!!:)

Toadz400
10-28-2008, 06:47 AM
I bought a set of 30mm Keihin (I believe, it's been so long) carbs off eBay for $200 for my Banshee and they helped a lot with low end response and the throttle was much lighter. It's just been a PITA trying to find the right jetting with it because I can't find anyone else who's had the same carbs.

martimatt550
10-28-2008, 08:38 PM
I use a single keihin 38mm pwk carb. before i went dial a jet it had a 195 main jet in it......... if you can go to single carb you will probably find it easier to jet and also to make fuel adjustments.... e bay sometimes has used trinity stage IV kits on there..... also have found machined 2 into1 billet peices for around 40 to 60 bucks.:) best of luck:D