PDA

View Full Version : 300ex problem...pissed.

hondapower8
10-12-2008, 02:44 PM
well i was driving my 300ex than clutched it in 3rd and the it only reved. so i turned it off rocked it and it would do anything. i brought it home and removed the case saver to find that the shaft which the sporkcet goes on is stripped completely. the spline things are gine. what to do??

headache
10-12-2008, 04:00 PM
well youve got 2 options here. You can split the cases and put in a new shaft or buy a new front sprocket and weld that B***H on and hope you never have to put on another one... Or sell it after you weld it on... maybe thats 3 options lol. That sucks though that it happened.

John451
10-12-2008, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by headache
well youve got 2 options here. You can split the cases and put in a new shaft or buy a new front sprocket and weld that B***H on and hope you never have to put on another one... Or sell it after you weld it on... maybe thats 3 options lol. That sucks though that it happened.

AHAHAHAA I DID THE SAME THING! I stripped it out so i got a new sprocket, welded it on, rode it, it worked for about 4 months of hard riding, then it broke off again, so i got a new one, welded it on, it worked for a few rides, i was an idiot and shifted from 4th to first on pavement and the ******* cracked rigt in 2 and rikochet'd off the ground and went about 15-20' in the air. so i got a new sprocket, welded it on, rode it for about 20 mins and it fell off, so i got a new one, ground teeth into the shaft and into the sprocket then welded it on, it held until i sold it hahaha.