PDA

View Full Version : Dasa on the SX...

xsr_racing28c
10-12-2008, 01:19 PM
Just a pic of one of my KTM's with the DASA pipe.. This thing is very loud compared to my 08 KTM with full exhaust.

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w176/FourWerx/KTM002-2.jpg

Codys 2004 MX_YFZ450
10-12-2008, 05:12 PM
Nice, I like it, very nice quad man, you're so lucky right now. You make me jealous cause you got a KTM450SX right now and I don't...lol anyway, sweet quad man

mooseracerX
10-12-2008, 05:17 PM
That looks sweet. I know over at Tigerton tons of guys run DASAs.

zalewski22
10-14-2008, 01:26 PM
What did you end up changing the jetting to after you installed the Dasa pipe? I just picked my SX up and have not ridden it yet, but heard everone say they come very lean. I'm wondering what yours is at, as we live in the same area, and most everyone else has much warmer weather.

fandl450r
10-14-2008, 01:45 PM
Jay the pipe looks amazing! I think I just may have to pick one of these things up this winter.

Planning on doing anything to the suspension? I thought about having them revalved/sprung.

400exrider707
10-16-2008, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by fandl450r
Jay the pipe looks amazing! I think I just may have to pick one of these things up this winter.

Planning on doing anything to the suspension? I thought about having them revalved/sprung.

Let me guess.... some expensive arms and PEP's!!! Usually how he rolls.

xsr_racing28c
10-16-2008, 01:50 PM
The SX will be getting Walsh arms, and as for shocks, i'll be going a different route... can't say much yet... :devil:

fandl450r
10-16-2008, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by xsr_racing28c
The SX will be getting Walsh arms, and as for shocks, i'll be going a different route... can't say much yet... :devil:

DETAILS! PST ME :)

xsr_racing28c
10-16-2008, 04:16 PM
Won't know much til my mechanic gets back from Austria.. lol...

in the meantime, here is an updated pic with my new Factory 43 nerfs and bumper. These will later be pc'd black, but needed to get them on quick..

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w176/FourWerx/003-1.jpg

protraxrptr17
10-16-2008, 04:44 PM
Did you get a headpipe with that exhaust? I just bout a 450SX-F engine to replace my 525SX, so I'm looking for one.

That thing looks awesome, btw.

xsr_racing28c
10-16-2008, 07:40 PM
no i just got a slip on....

DEAL
10-17-2008, 05:15 AM
Factory 43 :macho

xsr_racing28c
10-17-2008, 07:33 PM
I got a chance to ride the SX tonite for the first time, and man this thing flat out rips for stock with only a slipon. I'd say that the power is pretty close to my built honda motor. It flattens out on the top a little but that might be due to jetting a little bit. I'm going to play with that a little, but it was pouring out tonite and I got too cold to mess with it anymore.

Just wanna say that this thing is bas a**! I am stoked to get it on a dry track, as it felt amazing as far as suspension. I backed all of my compression settings down to about 3 clicks out all around to start a baseline, and though it wasn't perfect, it felt damn nice. Cornering felt great and it pulled hard out of the corners as I was always lifting the front end up throughout the powerslide... That means power my friends, and this thing truly is a ripper for being stock!!!

Well thats my short story on my first ride, I'm super stoked about this machine, now I have to compare it to the built 08 and see what I can find.

Jay:devil:

xsr_racing28c
10-17-2008, 09:21 PM
Im my opinion being around quads for so long, that chromoly is the way to go. Its very light and strong on top of that. ALuminum tends to be brittle in a way that it will not flex as much as chromoly and tends to break alot easier.

I'm not sure exactly what the length of the rear shock is, but the fronts I believe are 18.675" eye to eye, and the suspension on these things are very nicely built!

I don't have enough time on the machines to tell you the differences in the rear end, but I'll have more info on that soon. I know that it corners very nicely and is very stable. The rear end seems to hook up well and get the power to the ground nicely!

ltrracer
10-18-2008, 10:47 AM
im surprised, i havnt seen a KTM yet that has had fox floats on it, that would be the first thing i did no matter what

DEAL
10-19-2008, 03:40 AM
Originally posted by hondarider11
Wow that thing looks really nice. I must ask you since you would probably know but is the chromoly frame better then the aluminum frame like on the new yamaha and the can am? Also do you know off hand how long the front and rear shocks are and do the a arms and everything on that machine look really well built for stock? Just wandering becuase I am really considering one of these. Also what is the advantage of the no link rear shock as to the linkage system that was on your hondas. Just figured I would ask you since you oviously know alot about since you have two now.

I raced mine a whole mx season with stock suspension, broke bolth of the footpegs off .. I went over the frame last week and its still perfect.
I broke my honda frame 11 times in one season .. and that had aftermarket suspension.
I couldn't be happier with the chromoly frame.

Codys 2004 MX_YFZ450
10-19-2008, 06:52 PM
I know what I'll be buying for mods when I get my KTM450SX quad, and I can't wait. I am still trying to sell my YFZ450 right now so I can go get my loan for a ktm450sx sport quad, my patients are running out sort of, but i guess right now i have to have patients cause i'm moving and i have a few bills to pay for this month yet, so i guess i have to wait still and just be patient

chad502ex
10-21-2008, 09:38 AM
sweet Jay!

spanky101
10-22-2008, 07:04 AM
that bike is extremely nice man! its definatly gonna be a ripper on the track!!!