PDA

View Full Version : This is what I woke up to.. :(

YZ400EX
10-12-2008, 12:27 PM
I am not ready for winter, but it looks like its here.. I am sure it will melt off, but this was not exepected.. Started lastnight and is still going strong.. The leaves on the trees are still green!!:D

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m37/yz400ex/road.jpg
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m37/yz400ex/yard.jpg
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m37/yz400ex/trucktree-1.jpg
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m37/yz400ex/halloween.jpg
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m37/yz400ex/trees.jpg

Pappy
10-12-2008, 12:29 PM
LOL thats kick *** with the skeletons!

YZ400EX
10-12-2008, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by Pappy

:D I kinda liked that also...

mittman
10-12-2008, 12:39 PM
about 76 here in central pa. i dont really want winter to come

ZeroLogic
10-12-2008, 12:44 PM
*Shivers* Around 75 here in NEPA. Give us about another five weeks and we'll look like that.:ermm:

631kfx400
10-12-2008, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
hahahahahaha

Ruby Soho
10-12-2008, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by ZeroLogic
*Shivers* Around 75 here in NEPA. Give us about another five weeks and we'll look like that.:ermm:

x2

im really not looking forward to the cold

YZ400EX
10-12-2008, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by ZeroLogic

We havent had weather that warm for at least 2-3 weeks now.. lately, low 60's has been the high..:( Last 3 days has been mid 30's to low 40's..:mad:

ZeroLogic
10-12-2008, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by Ruby Soho
x2

im really not looking forward to the cold
I still have to stud my bike tires.

Originally posted by YZ400EX
We havent had weather that warm for at least 2-3 weeks now.. lately, low 60's has been the high..:( Last 3 days has been mid 30's to low 40's..:mad:

Hell, this week its going to be a few degrees shy of 80! I love the 60s-70s temp range. Best for work.:macho

QuadJunkies
10-12-2008, 03:56 PM
That winter storm was CRAZY!!
The flakes were HUGE! I hope this isnt a sign of another hard winter..
This year was a PITA to travel over the passes all season racing.:scary:
It was in the Hi 80's a little over a week ago.:p
Im not ready for warm weather to end . :(

YZ400EX
10-12-2008, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies

Yes that storm was NuTz!! It has finally stopped snowing.. we went sledding today.. Had to make the best of it I guess..:cool:

gcart2
10-12-2008, 07:24 PM

lol were still in the 90's in florida. looks all you northerners are starting to come down :( :blah:

lol

10-12-2008, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by gcart2
lol were still in the 90's in florida. looks all you northerners are starting to come down :( :blah:

lol

lol last night though I was sittin out by the fire a slight breeze blowing, full moon out, quad sittin behind me at 2:30AM... it was the deffinition of a beautiful night. I think it was about 72 degrees. Tonight its 71 again wish I was doing the same as yesterday but I have school tomorrow. Yeah school on Columbus Day but I have off Friday.

QuadJunkies
10-12-2008, 08:33 PM
What ever happened to Spring and Fall??:confused:

The seasons are def. shorter.

YZ400EX
10-12-2008, 08:45 PM
What ever happened to Spring and Fall??:confused:

The seasons are def. shorter.

I dont know about shorter.. I think the winter season just got longer..:D This year we didnt have a spring.. it went from freezing to summer temeratures, now summer temeratures to freezing.. seems to me that Spring nor Fall came this year at all.. Only summer and winter and of coarse winter is always the longer of the 2..:confused:

10-12-2008, 09:01 PM
Florida i dont even know how I would describe seasons. The leaves change for 2 weeks, fall off for a week, and new buds are sprouting the next. I kid you not they fall off one week and are back the next. I love the weather here

QuadJunkies
10-12-2008, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by FoxHondaRider
Florida i dont even know how I would describe seasons. The leaves change for 2 weeks, fall off for a week, and new buds are sprouting the next. I kid you not they fall off one week and are back the next. I love the weather here
I know I prol. sound like a retard but... I always wondered how it all works in States that are warm all year with the yearly cyles.
How does everything go threw the seasons like trees, plants flowers, ect??
Too many years out of school to remember this stuff.:o

Is it just like you said??That would be a trip not having 4 seasons!

10-12-2008, 09:22 PM
I know I prol. sound like a retard but... I always wondered how it all works in States that are warm all year with the yearly cyles.
How does everything go threw the seasons like trees, plants flowers, ect??
Too many years out of school to remember this stuff.:o

Is it just like you said??That would be a trip not having 4 seasons!

Everything is green year round until you get the month of leave change, falling off and coming back. Summer months are really rainy like everyday, every afternoon you get crazy thunderstorms. Then one day it stops and starts getting cooler like it is now 70's at night and it slowly goes down. It will get col at night in Florida during the winter. But then in the day it warms up. Further south you wont see a frost. It weird how different it is from top, middle, to lower parts of the state.

416exfreak
10-13-2008, 07:37 AM
Here in N Fl. it gets to about 65 here at night and right around 85-88 in the day. We really havent been getting a whole lot of rain this summer. It really aggrevated me, because with the work I was doing (sod) it was super dusty and we were always in the fields moving the sprinklers and such.

Our winter is short and harsh. It'll get down to about 10 degrees on the coldest nights and heat up to the mid 40's in the day. But it's only like that for about 2 weeks, then it starts warming up and then right before spring, we'll get this freak cold snap and then it'll get hotter then hell over the course of about 3 weeks.

We'll go from 25-30 at night to 70 at night, and 40-50 in the day to 90-102 in the day.

It really sucks. I cant wait until Im able to move to a more livable climate.:chinese:

10-13-2008, 09:00 AM
I love warm weather but I cant imagine not having a winter. Snow ridding is plain amazing and I live right on the lake so in the winter the whole lake freezes and we have ice racing events its plain amazing I cant wait for snow and cold weather :D

JRP
10-13-2008, 10:38 AM
Ah i wanna move to FL sooo bad! I hate cold weather, especially snow! Im hoping it dosen't get cold or a lot of snow this winter but im sure we will get some. Hopefully ill make it down to FL for a few weeks this winter, that would be killer!

powermadd400ex
10-13-2008, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by JRP
Ah i wanna move to FL sooo bad! I hate cold weather, especially snow! Im hoping it dosen't get cold or a lot of snow this winter but im sure we will get some. Hopefully ill make it down to FL for a few weeks this winter, that would be killer!

atleast you get snow! we get the cold weather but usually no snow!

pro-rider46
10-13-2008, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by FoxHondaRider
. Yeah school on Columbus Day but I have off Friday.

i had a 4 day weekend. lol

JRP
10-13-2008, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by powermadd400ex
atleast you get snow! we get the cold weather but usually no snow!

noooo, i HATE snow. Ruins all the tracks, and so does below freezing temps! Nothing worse than a track unthawing :grr:

atvnut22
10-13-2008, 08:17 PM
in kentucky its barely even chilly. today i cleaned out my garage and had on a cutoff and shorts and was breakin a sweat:D

Quad18star
10-13-2008, 08:39 PM
Muahaha ... suckers !!!!!!:p

I shouldn't speak too soon .... winter's just around the corner for me .... although this weekend it was warm enough for shorts and a t-shirt.

Nac's22
10-14-2008, 05:22 PM
am i the only one who is jealous? lol i cant wait for the winter means money in my pocket!

biker
10-14-2008, 05:59 PM
winter sucks!:grr: i'm ready to move!