PDA

View Full Version : YFZ or LTR?

XCRacer236
10-12-2008, 10:24 AM
alright guys, im gonna be 16 in the off season so im gonna move up to a 450. i race XC as you can tell from my siganture, and my dad and i love both bikes. we just dont know which one would be better. im coming off a raptor 350, so im a little nervous but i think if i take it slow, i should be ok. i just would like to know your guys opinions. the only real question i have is how hard does the YFZ "hit" in the RPM's? anything else you guys have opinions on, let it out! thanks! also, im referring to the carbed model. 06-08. and YES i know the LTR is 50 inches wide, i have that covered with my sponsor.

ohsobad_chevy
10-12-2008, 10:48 AM
Are you talking about the new fuel injected YFZ or the carbed models?

XCRacer236
10-12-2008, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by ohsobad_chevy
Are you talking about the new fuel injected YFZ or the carbed models?

OLD carbed! i hate first year models.

Ryan
10-12-2008, 02:30 PM
The YFZ likes to run more on the top end side. I have no problem runnin mine in the woods.... I love it

One about the ltr.... Your gonna be 50 inches wide..... too tight for the woods. But I think if you put 4:1 offset rims, you should be down to 47in. Im not quite sure on that, though.

XCRacer236
10-12-2008, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by Ryan
The YFZ likes to run more on the top end side. I have no problem runnin mine in the woods.... I love it

One about the ltr.... Your gonna be 50 inches wide..... too tight for the woods. But I think if you put 4:1 offset rims, you should be down to 47in. Im not quite sure on that, though.

ok. the AMA requires the trail be 50 inches wide at least, so you just have to be careful in some stuff. my sponsor can narrow the stock a-arms up anyway, so im not worried about it.

k4f5x0r
10-12-2008, 05:26 PM
i know 4-1 rimswoud make it narrower, would increase teh handling(for that width) and be alot easier then then hacking the a arms up.

XCRacer236
10-12-2008, 06:21 PM
sweet! cuz im on a race team, and im pretty sure we are all getting Hipers anyway. so. thanks for the info! keep it coming guys!

joeyds450x
10-15-2008, 10:47 AM
have you considered the ds450...you should

XCRacer236
10-15-2008, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by joeyds450x

i just rolled on the floor laughing.
GNCC results=enough said.

klutch
10-15-2008, 06:53 PM

I agree. But between the two you have selected. I would go with the YFZ way over the LTR any day of the week.

XCRacer236
10-15-2008, 07:06 PM
no DNF-Am's for me!

joeyds450x
10-16-2008, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by CaseDawg350
i just rolled on the floor laughing.
GNCC results=enough said.

ya i know but it was only a first year bike

XCRacer236
10-16-2008, 04:27 PM
ya i know but it was only a first year bike

Explain KTM's success... lol. not trying to put anyone down, just saying.

yamaha20
10-16-2008, 05:31 PM
i would go with the yfz just look what bill balance has done just saying

joeyds450x
10-17-2008, 09:41 AM
well i chose between the ltr and the ds but i use my ds for mx racing n i love it but id probably go with the ltr if i was to race gncc just cuz its wider but you said you have that covered either way

ROLLIN
11-02-2008, 10:30 PM
my yfz's set up for mx and my buddies ltr is decked out too. motowoz fronts and pep w/link rear. this is what i think. also i've had yfz's since they came out.
-yfz must have lowered footpegs like proarmer and +1 stem so you dont wear yourself out
-yfz seems lighter, definately more powerful with bolt on mods and cam mod (id do cam mod for woods too)
-ltr seems too sweep a turn better esp the entrance of a turn, i think its because on the ltr the weight is more on the front end = turning ease. but that extra balence on the front might not be good for woods like wheelieing over stuff. you can make the yfz turn better if you slide forward
-jetting the yfz perfectly, is a pain....i still can't get it
-efi is just fun, punching the throttle, but you dont ride a bike that way
-powerwise the ltr doesn't have the bottom end hit that a yfz has. that's with both modded no motor work. yfz takes the midrange too, but some guys like that roll on power cause it doesnt wear them out as fast. thats like saying they're accelerating slower so they're not as tired. mak no sense 'tall
-the ltr is a great quad prob better in some ways but id stay w the yfz. id like to ride something else just for a change but just cant do it.
-perfect quad would be a yfz 08 model with efi, no battery and kickstart.
:D :D