PDA

View Full Version : yzf 450 or raptor 660

sixfivesuited
10-12-2008, 08:52 AM
any one out there familiar with both of these bikes? i currently have a 660, and am thinking of trading for a 450. I am looking for better handling than the 660 can give me, and am willing to give up the power for handling

greenblood01
10-12-2008, 12:11 PM
You're not going to be giving up any power what so ever. The handling and suspension are so much better, you'll be amazed.

Only thing you'll sacrafice is reverse.

Gray33
10-12-2008, 12:25 PM
Reverse is probly the main differance but the power of the yfz can act as a reverse.

Go with the yfz 450 you can either trail ride or mx .

sixfivesuited
10-12-2008, 12:54 PM
how do the engines stack up as far as maintenence? i am concerned that i wont be able to keep the 450 in the "sweet spot" enough in the woods to make that high revving engine happy. a yami mechanic told me that i will be rebuilding the 450 3-4 times to once for the 660, any truth to that?

Dr89
10-20-2008, 09:07 PM
not super relevant to your post but, hit me with the specs on your rappy and i might trade you. you can search my name and find my yfz ad.

and as for your question, its honestly about preference. i like both of them, i've had a yfz for a while now and i love it...just lookin for somethin different for a while. you wont have the same torque with the yfz as you'll get out of your raptor. its quicker revving though and still super fun to ride. like i said i have a blast on both, you just gotta ride em and decide what you like better.

250r4life
10-21-2008, 12:14 AM
i have both...

the YFZ has much better handling, sits a lot lower, and feels a whole lot safer...

as far as power, the way i have my YFZ set up i can lug it pretty good... i ride it pretty aggresively so i rarely lug it, but when i get tired i can run a gear high and still be alright... especially just trail riding...

even in the dunes i dont HAVE to ride the piss out of it... often times when i race the hill, when i've built a few bike lengths lead i shift up into 4th and just cruise the rest of the way to the top of the hill...