PDA

View Full Version : I'm retarted, can't hook up online for ps3

kawiefan
10-11-2008, 08:33 PM
Got my wireless router today and i cannot get the internet to work. It said I don't have a ethernet cable hooked up but when I plugged one into the router and the ps3 it still did not work. Can somebody tell me what im doing wrong.

ZeroLogic
10-11-2008, 11:46 PM
When I was hooking my 360 up, I had a router from my computer to my brothers computer and to the Xbox. I would have to disconect one of the computer's internet to get Live started up and going.

Not sure if it helps, but check out on the PS3 web site.

Ralph
10-12-2008, 08:54 AM
If you are trying to connect it via wireless select "Wireless Connection" under network settings. It will walk you through everything.

Phugg
10-12-2008, 08:54 AM
A: make sure its a router Not a switch/Hub
B: power cycle the cable modem/dsl anytime you swap devices that are attatched to it. (cab/dsl)
c: Is the ethernet a known "good" piece

I work for Comcast and see this on occasion. If you have just a pc connected to to the modem , when you try to switch devices , it will not work until you power cycle the modem. The modems all companies (cable at least) use take the MAC adress of the device it attatched to first and lock in on that. Reset the modem (without a device attatched and Poof it should work. Now if its an Emta (phone/cable modem in one device) you will need to reset it with a pencil/pen on the little push buttton right next to the ethernet space.
Good luck tech 2582 Modesto Comcast :)

kawiefan
10-12-2008, 09:54 AM
Thanks for the help

Ralph
10-12-2008, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by Phugg
A: make sure its a router Not a switch/Hub
B: power cycle the cable modem/dsl anytime you swap devices that are attatched to it. (cab/dsl)
c: Is the ethernet a known "good" piece

I work for Comcast and see this on occasion. If you have just a pc connected to to the modem , when you try to switch devices , it will not work until you power cycle the modem. The modems all companies (cable at least) use take the MAC adress of the device it attatched to first and lock in on that. Reset the modem (without a device attatched and Poof it should work. Now if its an Emta (phone/cable modem in one device) you will need to reset it with a pencil/pen on the little push buttton right next to the ethernet space.
Good luck tech 2582 Modesto Comcast :)

Wanna upgrade my service:blah:

trx450r ryder
10-12-2008, 12:07 PM
HEY RALPH wats ur ps3 screename