PDA

View Full Version : VIDEO - 450r vs banshee set up for draging vs 450r full bore stroker.

mak400ex
10-11-2008, 07:43 PM
I ask the guy what mods were done to his banshee i guess it was top Secret \ he says a lot of mods and he was running close to 100hp.....ok. i would say it looked like he did have a ton of $ in it. his son races a 450r full bore which is also in the vid, both are nice quads,

my 450r is pushing close to 50hp, just had it dyno tune the other day. what i dont understand is with twice the hp this guy should have blown me away, we had a couple races then he was done.

<embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://i155.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid155.photobucket.com/albums/s301/mikody/ketstonedrag10-08_0001.flv">

ss440ex
10-12-2008, 08:38 PM
Priceless!!
Got love that Banshee powah! :D

boosted3g
10-13-2008, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by ss440ex
Priceless!!
Got love that Banshee powah! :D

I feel just the opposite and wasnt impressed with it at all. For all the power these Banshees have they sure dont show it. When we shoot the coal hills with them i think the 450s actually get it done better. Its great when a stock appearing 450 cant hang with him at the drags and even take him on the one race.

chadbarger18
10-13-2008, 06:44 PM
well the shee didnt look like he was really in to it the whole time

ss440ex
10-13-2008, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by boosted3g
I feel just the opposite and wasnt impressed with it at all. For all the power these Banshees have they sure dont show it. When we shoot the coal hills with them i think the 450s actually get it done better. Its great when a stock appearing 450 cant hang with him at the drags and even take him on the one race.

I was being sarcastic!:D

04TRX400EX
10-13-2008, 08:36 PM
The best part of the video was the filmer laughing after the last race when your 450R came from nowhere to blow past everyone like it's nothing.

I've seen the pics of your quad on other threads and must compliment you on the overall appearance. It also apparently runs as good as it looks :macho

mak400ex
10-13-2008, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by 04TRX400EX
The best part of the video was the filmer laughing after the last race when your 450R came from nowhere to blow past everyone like it's nothing.

I've seen the pics of your quad on other threads and must compliment you on the overall appearance. It also apparently runs as good as it looks :macho

Thanks for the props - to all

Yeah on the last race i was back in the hole about 8 length's you can see me as the camera pans around - i started the same time everybody else did - i just got a good start plus i out mod all the others... right now but some are taken theirs in to get some extra mods done, LOL

very happy with the performance of my quad we race about every weekend. we have 2 diff spots we race and they are a 3rd and 4th gear run. yes the banshee has been one of the fastest i have ran in to - but @ 100hp this guy should have blown me away - just to bad i did get to race him a couple more time, he was done after a couple of runs.

mak400ex
10-13-2008, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by chadbarger18
well the shee didnt look like he was really in to it the whole time

well this guy comes out all the time and he comes out to race not trail riding.. he might of had some more but ya got to shut it down or your in the woods and thats part of the race,

just posted this vid to show that the honda 450r can hang with a super mod'ed 2 stroke, that has a ton $ dumped in to it. the guy that owns the banshee says he is close to 100 hp how do ya prove it ? i'm not going to call the guy a liar.... i just wanted to race. just some good fun and hope to get another chance to run him again, which i'm sure i will :D

250RXCrider
10-16-2008, 07:46 PM
Just wondering were you running paddle tires?

Back in the day I had a 98 banshee built with a full Trinity Stage IV motor and I would take my 450R power over it any day!!!! BTW cool race video.

mak400ex
10-18-2008, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by 250RXCrider
Just wondering were you running paddle tires?

Back in the day I had a 98 banshee built with a full Trinity Stage IV motor and I would take my 450R power over it any day!!!! BTW cool race video.

thanks man -
yep - itp sands stars good all around sand tires

DSSA
10-22-2008, 05:00 PM
Not to be the dick (but kinda)....

1st off: No way in HELL that banshee is making close to 100whp. Just plain BS. YES, I realize it's a BS, short race that makes reaction time and the ability to ride more important then sheer power, but that's such a BS claim. This coming from a guy who's owned/worked on/ridden stock, big-bore, stroker banshees since 1990 (owning alone 7).

2nd: The second race "spotted me a length, finished a length". Not even close. You went through 1.5 gears total in that race. You captured a shot 1/2 way through the race and claimed 1 length win. Watch the video closely. That Banshee's front wheels were at your shifter at the end which was about 2 seconds later. If it wasn't a uber-short race, he would have pulled on you, and pulled on you HARD (taking into account that the 100whp claim is total BS).

3rd: I wish you were closer, I have a 4mm stroker and a ported stock bore/stoke banshee that would LOVE to piss all over you (my younger brother's and my own).

Banshees are awesome yet horrible quads. In a flat, straight-line battle (which you're talking about) you might as well forget about competing on a level playing field--it'll piss all over you.

However, don't think that I'm under the impression that Banshees are worth much more then that (straight-line/hill climb bruisers). I've got my YFZ for that. ;-)

mak400ex
10-23-2008, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by DSSA
Not to be the dick (but kinda)....

1st off: No way in HELL that banshee is making close to 100whp. Just plain BS. YES, I realize it's a BS, short race that makes reaction time and the ability to ride more important then sheer power, but that's such a BS claim. This coming from a guy who's owned/worked on/ridden stock, big-bore, stroker banshees since 1990 (owning alone 7).

2nd: The second race "spotted me a length, finished a length". Not even close. You went through 1.5 gears total in that race. You captured a shot 1/2 way through the race and claimed 1 length win. Watch the video closely. That Banshee's front wheels were at your shifter at the end which was about 2 seconds later. If it wasn't a uber-short race, he would have pulled on you, and pulled on you HARD (taking into account that the 100whp claim is total BS).

3rd: I wish you were closer, I have a 4mm stroker and a ported stock bore/stoke banshee that would LOVE to piss all over you (my younger brother's and my own).

Banshees are awesome yet horrible quads. In a flat, straight-line battle (which you're talking about) you might as well forget about competing on a level playing field--it'll piss all over you.

However, don't think that I'm under the impression that Banshees are worth much more then that (straight-line/hill climb bruisers). I've got my YFZ for that. ;-)

WELL when you start out saying "Not to be the dick"

you are being a dick - just FYI

WOW..... this was just a vid to show 2 diff 450r's and a Banshee messing around on a sunday afternoon, i will state facts my 450r is pushing 50hp got the papers to prove it, Next fact the owner of the banshee says he is close to 100hp and he did not want to tell me his mod list.... I'm ok with that - his son was riding the other 450r in the vid it was a full bore stroker, found out later that one of the guys we were riding with talked to the owner of the banshee and told him what was done to the motor - 4mill, 72mm, Super Cub Drag Ported (472cc) ok with all that you sound like you know your banshee's would it be close to 100hp or was the guy just bull****ty us ?

Also this guy comes out all the time and he comes out to race not trail riding.. he might of had some more but ya got to shut it down or your in the woods and thats part of the race,

Not cool saying your 4mm stroker and a ported stock bore/stoke banshee will piss all over me - that funny because i am already hanging with 4mill, 72mm, Super Cub Drag Ported (472cc) Time to grow up dude. this was not to bash the banshee just one of those WOW vid's.

Its all in the vid - ya need to watch it again the info i stated is correct, WATCH ALL OF THE VID - BTW - raced him again this weekend on a longer track and he didnt blow me away.... will post up a vid later,

mak400ex
10-24-2008, 02:22 PM
Went out last weekend and got some riding in…ran a few drags with my buds, we was getting ready to load up and yep the guy with the AKA 100hp banshee shows up… well the rest is in the vid, Don’t want to sound like I am making excuses but lane choice and staying in to the gas til the end is a must… still learning. Ran a few runs on a longer track. Didn’t do that bad – will say that the shee really hooks up, I never beat him but did hang with him on all the runs. Here’s a short vid FOR FUN.

<embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://i155.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid155.photobucket.com/albums/s301/mikody/450rvsbanshee10-08_0001.flv">

DSSA
10-25-2008, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by mak400ex
WELL when you start out saying "Not to be the dick"

you are being a dick - just FYI

Gee...guess you blatantly missed the "(but kinda)" glaring you in the face right after that comment. Thanks for figuring it out even though you missed the obvious.

WOW..... this was just a vid to show 2 diff 450r's and a Banshee

(continuing diatribe drivel edited out)

Since you seemingly have problems with reading comprehension and are ego-centric (in the fact that you thought the whole of my post was solely pointed at/concerning you, I'll help you out...

I was pointing out the fact that it *WAS* a really short drag (which you coincidentally reiterated for me in your last post--thanks), and that he most likely was tossing around h.p. #s like guy's tossing around d!ck measurements at a drunken frat party (exaggerating).

The real jist of my post was pointed more towards the nutswingers who saw a really short drag, and were tossing around comments like "I wasn't impressed with the banshee", yadda-yadda. When all they're basing it on is a video of a really short drag race when traction and riding ability is 1/2 the equation.

Now that I've spelled out the fact that it wasn't a post slamming you (as this post is), hopefully your delicate ego will heal quickly.

And yes, I'm still a dick.

mak400ex
10-25-2008, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by DSSA
Gee...guess you blatantly missed the "(but kinda)" glaring you in the face right after that comment. Thanks for figuring it out even though you missed the obvious.

Since you seemingly have problems with reading comprehension and are ego-centric (in the fact that you thought the whole of my post was solely pointed at/concerning you, I'll help you out...

I was pointing out the fact that it *WAS* a really short drag (which you coincidentally reiterated for me in your last post--thanks), and that he most likely was tossing around h.p. #s like guy's tossing around d!ck measurements at a drunken frat party (exaggerating).

The real jist of my post was pointed more towards the nutswingers who saw a really short drag, and were tossing around comments like "I wasn't impressed with the banshee", yadda-yadda. When all they're basing it on is a video of a really short drag race when traction and riding ability is 1/2 the equation.

Now that I've spelled out the fact that it wasn't a post slamming you (as this post is), hopefully your delicate ego will heal quickly.

And yes, I'm still a dick.

WOW - ya make it sound so one sided. not to turn this into a pissing contest - but with your comments that you made its sort of hard not to respond ---- YOU SAID > (I wish you were closer, I have a 4mm stroker and a ported stock bore/stoke banshee that would LOVE to piss all over you (my younger brother's and my own). YES I WOULD SAY YOUR KINDA BEING A DICK

- i posted that follow up vid just to show OTHERS a longer run this guy is pretty fast but i could still hang with him ALSO TO SHOW I AM NOT BEING BIAS. i didnt have to post it but i did.

Josh you have only posted about 20 times on this forum and all have been on parts wanted or for sale - you hit this thread and come off with a major tude. I dont have a problem with my ego just with people like yourself -

This is just a race vid just like tons of others out there. yeah I think the whole point was kinda obvious that it wasnt a 100hp quad or i wouldn't have beaten it.. not that i thought i beat a 100hp quad...

All250R
10-27-2008, 01:14 PM
Banshees are fully capable of making 100hp, but not without it being in the right hands. You can't really look at the files posted and say "banshees" aren't that impressive... I beat a banshee once with drag pipes sticking out the side of it it several times on a long sand hill, but I definitely know my 250R is not faster than "drag banshees". You can't really accept compliments on your bike as being a drag banshee contender... It's fun in an online forum, but it's not really true.

croaker400ex
10-29-2008, 06:55 PM
For all its worth, I was there for the first installment of this Drag race, The guy was talking out his *** about 100 hp. The 450r beat him on the short and on the long. Now for the second time they raced did miss that run but I am sure that banshee dousch went and mod'd his shee just so he could say that now he beat the 450r. Also the drag strip they were using only has one really good lane and the rest are real f'in harsh.

Black R/T
11-01-2008, 07:59 PM
im gonna put my 2 pennies in here.

100hp banshee, in the sand... where was the 10ft high wall of sand it should have been throwing 25ft behind it :huh ?????? ive seen 100hp banshees run, that FOR SURE WAS NOT ONE

warr72
11-02-2008, 08:01 AM
That was not a 100 hp banshee, not even close. Nice 450 though.

mak400ex
11-02-2008, 01:37 PM
Its a 4mill, 72mm, Super Cub Drag Ported (472cc) banshee, i ask some tech's that build and dyno tune for a living - and this setup could push 100hp

the owner of the banshee says he is close to 100hp ? i agree also he is not 100hp but with the mod's......i would say he is pushing some major HP

of course no way to prove it unless i see it on the dyno - just going off what the guy said i am sure some people add a little extra hp to what their quad really has ?

i will say its the fastest banshee i have every seen, and have ran a few,