PDA

View Full Version : Good Winter Tire???

99'300EX
12-11-2002, 09:35 AM
whats a good tire for snow/ice...i have holeshots now but they dont seem to be that great in snow?

swamprider7
12-11-2002, 08:24 PM
For the ultimate traction, I hear that GBC Paddle Masters work good but ride like crap on anything else but snow/sand. I have Pure Sports Realtors and they work awesome in the snow. I can pull wheelies on command in the snow with them. The only down side to them is that they are heavy tires.

300exryder
12-12-2002, 06:15 AM
Pure Sport Realtors -- nothing beats these in the snow and sand when you need to do some road and hard pack trail riding too. they wear nicely and throw a nice roost -- one of the best purchases as far as handling is concerned for the winter season. i dont think you will find tire good for ice unless it is studded.

YZROOSTINYA
12-12-2002, 07:05 AM
i have maxxix sure trax reversed and they do okay

mine are about halway left though

the 416 dont help either

also gearing up isnt a bad idea. if its hard packed snow they do nice. i was riding in 10 inches of powder with them. it was so deep i was plwing with the front tires in some spots.

if the rears were new they would have been ten times better

mod300ex
12-12-2002, 09:15 AM
what about the new snow tire

hondaboy400ex
12-12-2002, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by swamprider7
For the ultimate traction, I hear that GBC Paddle Masters work good but ride like crap on anything else but snow/sand. I have Pure Sports Realtors and they work awesome in the snow. I can pull wheelies on command in the snow with them. The only down side to them is that they are heavy tires.

and i also like the razr 2

QuadTrix6
12-12-2002, 11:25 AM
Chen Shin Ice racing tires are pretty good and you can stud them :blah , i found my stock tires to suck in snow but some people like em

o yea JL carries them

4TraxRider
12-12-2002, 12:51 PM
I'm ordering a set of mudsharks, in teh 21 inch size. A guy at a dealership had tehm and said they were real good.

12-12-2002, 02:56 PM
just a wraning for all i had realtors on my friends 250x riding in winter around a so called track lol an oval around a unch of trees. But went arpound a cornor 3rd gear pinned and hit a snow covered patch of ice and no way i could stop to avoid the tree that was going 160 bucks later lol . Ohh well so just a warning watch out if you hit an ice patch cause you wont stop lol I learned the hard way.
killer