PDA

View Full Version : jumping a 400ex

monkeyballs
10-11-2008, 02:14 PM
Ok I have a 400ex with some mods but no mods done to the suspention. And there is this massive hill / jump that I want 2 hit in a sand pit and there is no landing and I would like to know if the bike can take it and whats its max. Its roughtly 15'. It goes to packed sand.. not loose.

Ruby Soho
10-11-2008, 02:17 PM
if your bottoming it out its not good.

try to make a landing, the softer you land the easier it is on the quad.

invest in some 450r shocks they will take the large jumps no problem

monkeyballs
10-11-2008, 02:21 PM
Yeh well I have not hit it yet im wondering if I will bottom out. Then the reason I dont make a landing is becaus I have 2 break into the pit in the first place lol :D. Like not actualy break in but get over the boulders and ****.. Then I was thinking about getting some 450r shocks but to much money. So whats the max? Or whats the bigest jump you have done?

brian76708
10-11-2008, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by monkeyballs
Yeh well I have not hit it yet im wondering if I will bottom out. Then the reason I dont make a landing is becaus I have 2 break into the pit in the first place lol :D. Like not actualy break in but get over the boulders and ****.. Then I was thinking about getting some 450r shocks but to much money. So whats the max? Or whats the bigest jump you have done?

just mess with your rear shock it is adjustable ive hit some descent size jumps at the dunes with my 400 with no landing and i just land rear heavy and don't bottom out

monkeyballs
10-11-2008, 02:35 PM
Good point. I forgot about that rofl. Ill make it a little more stiff lol ty

10-12-2008, 12:55 AM
furthest i've flat landed was 23 ft distance and 6ft high off the bottom of the quad. Bottomed it out real good. I bottomed my shocks out the 1st time on a 400ex. Just crank up the preload to the 5th slot on the shocks making them stiffer and mess around with the rear. you can really work with the rear but the stock fronts there isnt much to change.

monkeyballs
10-12-2008, 07:19 AM
Nice, so im probably going 2 bottom out if I give it **** up that jump aka sand pile.. Ill see what I can do. And also a big bonus for me is that I only weigh 145lb :-s. Like my bud weighs 210lb and he does some massive jumps.. with his 450r thought :(. Well ty peace