PDA

View Full Version : ebc clutch or stock clutch 400ex

PDH416ex
12-11-2002, 09:28 AM
I have a 416ex and I was wondering which would be a better longer lasting clutch kit?:grr

Wingnut
12-11-2002, 10:30 AM
Every one I have talked to has recommended the stock clutch plates and disc. Some heavy duty springs might help it last a little longer though. In one of my 400s I has a set of EBC fibers. They have held up for the past two and a half years, but that is with a stock engine. I just got my 440 a few days ago and the stock clutch was too far gone to handle it. So, I am replacing it with another set of stock plates and discs with some Barnett heavy duty springs. I don't think you would have a problem with either set up.

RiPPiNiTuP7
12-11-2002, 11:08 AM
I'd stick with the stock plates, and get heavy duty springs...I had bad luck with aftermarket clutch kits...

12-11-2002, 11:09 AM
Here's the answer buddy. Go with the sparks, hinson, GT thunder, FDO or whoever 8 plate setup. For around $130 ya can't beat it. i've heard great things about this setup and I know i'm goin with it here in about a month or so..:D

cals400ex
12-11-2002, 12:14 PM
i have the sparks setup and i like it. the heavy duty springs make the pull harder though. also, the bike does not seem to shift quite as smooth with the new clutch but it is still fine. i would get the sparks if i had to do it again. with this clutch you have more feel. you can slip it like you want where the stock one is harder to do that on.