PDA

View Full Version : How the west coast rolls.....

Pappy
10-10-2008, 08:02 PM
Cody and I hung out all day riding with WORCS Pro racer Tim Shelman! Damn cool dude!

I am doing my best to get some pics ready but having laptop issues.

Pappy
10-10-2008, 09:04 PM
Tim will be running a Derisi prepped 450R in tomorrows GNCC race. Santo and Tim decided to put in some laps to dial in the quad before raceday

Pappy
10-10-2008, 09:06 PM
We took Tim to a secret riding spot in Ohio and let him get a small taste of what GNCC racing is all about!

Pappy
10-10-2008, 09:08 PM
We gave him some tight stuff to play in:D

Pappy
10-10-2008, 09:10 PM
He was up to the challenge!

Pappy
10-10-2008, 09:13 PM
Cody was having a blast!

Pappy
10-10-2008, 09:17 PM
Thats about all for now!

Pappy
10-10-2008, 09:18 PM
Keep an eye on the GNCC coverage to see how he does!

QuadJunkies
10-11-2008, 01:25 AM
I knew you would love Timmy!!
Best of luck to ya Darlin!! CALL ME , I cant wait to hear all about the trip.Oh and....
STAY AWAY FROM THE TREES...... LOL
:p

SRH
10-11-2008, 05:38 PM
any more pics of cody on the kfx

QuadJunkies
10-11-2008, 06:36 PM
Timmy called me today for a bit after the race ...
He told me he got off to a DEAD LAST start, so that Im sure did not help him, he said he could not get the quad to kick over so he lost some valuable time.....
He said it is WHOLE DIF WORLD out there than how we race at home, but very, very fun and would do it again in a heartbeat!
He mentioned everyone was very kind and welcoming and met alot of great people over the wk end.

For once his wife Maria got to enjoy watching and NOT WORKING at a race . :lol:
Timmy all about just having a good time ,and from the sound of him on the phone, he got to do just that . :)

Pappy
10-11-2008, 08:31 PM
I only got to chat with him for a few minutes before the start today. Its pretty cool that he grew up less then 30 minutes from me here on the east coast!

Im not sure if Harlen will do an interview or Lisa..or even you QJ, but I cant wait to hear what he thought of the whole deal!

Pappy
10-12-2008, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by SRH
any more pics of cody on the kfx

Yup

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3215/2934554025_4e544292d9_o.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3279/2935518704_69efa53a2a_o.jpg

CannondaleRider
10-12-2008, 01:57 PM
Right on Timmeh!

I have the pleasure of being a teammate to Shelman on Team Money$hot, and he always adds to the races, in every way. Flat out good guy....and he can ride like hell too, lol.

Glad to hear Tim had a good time back there.

Pappy
10-13-2008, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by CannondaleRider
Right on Timmeh!

I have the pleasure of being a teammate to Shelman on Team Money$hot, and he always adds to the races, in every way. Flat out good guy....and he can ride like hell too, lol.

Glad to hear Tim had a good time back there.

He sure seems like a fun guy to be around! I honestly think him and Santo could have had just as much fun riding and hanging out:p He could easily be a contender in the XC1 class with more seat time in the woods and more time to dial in his ride before the race. Energy is something he doesnt lack!

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3013/2937572102_b0dce4c2ed_o.jpg

QuadJunkies
10-13-2008, 12:54 AM
LOL!
Timmy... So how many TPQ stickers got handed out :D

CannondaleRider
10-13-2008, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
Energy is something he doesnt lack!

True story!

He's like the Energizer Bunny!...........except he's shorter. :p

daddio
10-14-2008, 07:18 AM
His suitcase full of stickers was empty for the way home. :)

Santo DeRisi
10-16-2008, 10:03 AM
I couldn't have helped out a greater person than Timmy! He has a heart of gold and is a great rider! He has a great supporting wife i might add also! I wish i could have stayed and raced with him but i got sick. Like i told him he is always welcome back to our coast and i will always give him a ride for whatever he needs!! I would like to thank everyone that helped and hung out that friday with us (You know who you are) and gave us that great place to ride! Pappy i want some of those photos for some memories please.

Also i got a chance to meet one of my sponsors Christian from MotoX Nutrition he is a great person and if you didn't get a chance to talk to him at the race you sure missed out! If you want that extra edge and you want it from someone who really cares you need to talk to this guy he will help you any way that you need it.

Thanks again to everyone!!!!

Pappy
10-16-2008, 10:43 AM
No worries Santo, and I hope your feeling better. I will get a disc out to you and Timmy as soon as the magazines run them, but you can take a peek at them here

http://kenhill.smugmug.com/gallery/6259583_yUPXd

QuadJunkies
10-16-2008, 11:33 AM
Sorry to hear you got sick Santo.

ccmuscle22
10-16-2008, 02:41 PM
Fantastic pictures Kenny! What a great time we had. I'd like to give a special thanks to everyone involved as well. Santo Derisi, I just can't say enough good things about this guy. He just took care of everything Tim or I could of needed and had that bike ready to race. Santo went the extra mile to make sure it was perfect and we couldn't of asked for more. His family and support also are just the best people. David of ATV-Insider for his great hospitality and also letting me borrow some gear and a DS450 to play around on. What a treat to be riding with two of the greatest guys in Santo and Tim. Joining us was Pappy's son Cody. What a great kid, look out for him in the future. Kenny took the absolute best pictures and really is a great guy. What a Blast!
Thanks again to everyone involved in making that day so special for us.

Christian
TEAM MXN MotoX Nutrition
www.motoxnutrition.com

Pappy
10-16-2008, 10:39 PM
Thx for the hook up on the MXN supplements...even with all I had going on with my dang tooth , I still had energy LOL!

And I appreciate the comments on the pictures, if I could get a few hours with a rider at that place when I needed to do a shoot, I hate to think what we could come up with. That is a honey hole of a location for riding!!!! These werent to bad for no real set up shots! Thanks again David!

BTW....I call dibs on Christian for any tug of wars. football games or bar room brawls we may ever encounter in the future....I did hear that they wanted to stick you in the deepest mud hole during the race so you could throw the stuck quads out !!!!:eek: :p

ccmuscle22
10-23-2008, 10:47 AM
Hey Pappy,
Just give me a buzz and I'll take care of you and Cody for sure!

That won' be our last photo shoot together!

Christian
TEAM MXN MotoX Nutrition
www.motoxnutrition.com