PDA

View Full Version : Precision Install

KingpinsEx
10-10-2008, 03:54 PM
Just purchased a used precision and am unsure about how exactly it mounts. It appears to mount right between the two upper a-arm mounts, but the connecting arm is rubbing on the front master cylinder. Anyone have any tips or possibly an online install guide. Pic's would also be nice... Also there seems to be very limited range of motion on the stabilizer, is this normal? It only travels about a quarter of the whole range around the stabilizer. Thanks, Bob

ltrracer
10-11-2008, 02:42 AM
if your talking about the brake line T right behind the steering stem then there should be a spacer and longer bolt that came with the stabilizer that moves it back farther so it doesnt hit
but the connecting arm is rubbing on the front master cylinder

Balaz_73*00
10-15-2008, 05:48 AM
IT should pivot 1/4 turn one direction and a 1/4 turn the other direction for full motion.

KingpinsEx
10-16-2008, 07:08 AM
Yea it has the correct travel then, 1/4 turn each way. When I looked online at the range of motion it made sense. However, still don't see how I will clear that brake T. LTR racer, are you talking about a spacer to move the brake T back or what? It seems that if the stem clamp could be mounted higher it would have no clearance issues? Not sure as I bought this unit used and no spacer or longer bolt was included...

ltrracer
10-16-2008, 11:02 AM
yes there is a spacer and longer bolt that moves the T back so that the clamp clears it

KingpinsEx
10-17-2008, 09:50 AM
Any way you could post a pic of it so I could attempt to make one?

Originally posted by ltrracer
yes there is a spacer and longer bolt that moves the T back so that the clamp clears it

KingpinsEx
10-20-2008, 06:55 AM
Never mind, I made my own spacer out of square aluminum, seemed to get the job done. Very impressed with the stabilizer out on the track though, makes a world of difference! Thanks for the input..