PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about a KFX

RideRed84
10-10-2008, 01:57 PM
I'm selling my 400 either at the end of this season or beginning of next and moving up to a 450. Naturally as a Honda guy I wanted the 450R but I'm kind of getting sick of Honda's crap and lack of support for riders. I'm not going to wait for an updated 450 for another year. I'm pretty sure I want a KFX because I mostly ride trails and sand so I don't want a wider quad and the KFX has reverse and FI. I'm a bigger guy at 6' and I'm concerned that the KFX will be too small and I'll feel cramped. How does the size compare to a 450R or 400ex? Do you guys like your Kawi's?

450raider
10-10-2008, 02:50 PM
id go for it, i was in your shoes last summer (although the R wasnt in the runnings), but formerly owning 3 R's on separate occasions i can tell you id take the kfx overall, being short i couldnt really tell a difference between the two but the seat on the R is more comfy....... everything else i give to the kfx, your gonna hear time and time again it has no top end and i will admit that it leaves a little to be desired but thats what the big3 mods are for (pipe, intake, programmer) however bottom and mid is explosive and overall i wouldnt trade my kfx for any current model (maybe a ktm ha ha) and with wienen on the lime ticket theres gonna be alot more people on the bandwagon before too long!!

718 kaw
10-10-2008, 04:08 PM
The kaw is very comfortable. I have no complaints with mine I have had it for a year nothing has broken or just fallen off. Had a honda less than a year and the crank bearings went out. If you feel cramped on the quad put a longer stem on it, or some risers you will not be disappointed at all with the kaw. Chad Wienen on a kaw? look out suzuki.

troylee500se
10-10-2008, 06:23 PM
dont get the kfx it will be the big mistake it s a bad trail quad and whors on a track if you get one get the extended warrenty

BLU82
10-10-2008, 06:31 PM
I love my kawi's. I'm about 5-10 and it does'nt feel cramped at all. The gearing is abit low but it's an easy fix. I've also never had any problems with mine and I've raced motocross for two seasons on it. I say go for it.

k4f5x0r
10-10-2008, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by troylee500se
dont get the kfx it will be the big mistake it s a bad trail quad and whors on a track if you get one get the extended warrenty

do you have any fuc*ing idea what your talking about?

the kfx is the best stock trail quad besides the ktm. reverse fuel injection aluminum frame. i used mine bone stock on a track besides rear tires and i was very happy with it. putitng 18's on it would make it alot better too.

in trails the kfx is very good. if you go off the trail or want to turn around reverse is always right there.

i love the low gearing in the trails it lets oyu lug it a bit and on the track it helps you pop it up on those jumps after turns and for staying in a higher gear in turns.

i say go for it.

EDIT** also i rolled mine 3 times down a hill. the ONLY DAMAGE was a bent stem. and the stem was barely bent. nothing else was damage. oil gets into the cylinder and you start it up and it burns it all off and in no time its running exactly how it should be.

regular oil changes with a filter and normal maintenance is key to keeping it running right.

hondaracer_34
10-10-2008, 09:14 PM
i agree with you K4...the guy probably has no idea on what he just said. the KFX is the best for an all around quad. you cant beat what the quad has to offer...great power...even better power with the big 3 mods. i wouldnt trade my 450 for anything. i would go ahead and get it..you wont be disappointed...AT ALL!

k4f5x0r
10-10-2008, 09:18 PM
also i just threw a power commander and a dasa 16inch exhaust on and found a reasonable map and kept the lid on. i noticed abig punch all around. thats with the stock airbox lid on and with a guessing map.

my guess with lid off and a dyno tune would be a few more HP :devil:

08mxkfx
10-11-2008, 01:37 AM
stfu unless you own or have ridden one more then 15min you dont know what your talking about. Judging by your name why dont go ride your pooo-laris and stay out of the kawasaki section.

10-11-2008, 05:38 AM

hahahahahaahahahah do you even no where your own *** is? if you can find it. sit on something long and hard. and see how many times you can spin. You do that id be happy to hear your *****ing

troylee500se
10-11-2008, 10:16 AM
you guys are verry angry wen you hear the truth about your kfx.
It s not personnal i use to have a kfx 450 and i hade all kind of probleme, it was ridicules even my dealer agreed white me,the laste probleme i hade the base of the motor broke in half no joke it broke cleane.i just give my opinion on the bike so relaxe, if you like your bike good for you.ho ya did i mention the vibration on the kfx it is terrible. my opinion dont buy the kfx

k4f5x0r
10-11-2008, 04:13 PM
wow you got a lemon sucks for you. dont base your opinion on lemon peice of crap. there are NO consant major problems out there for the kfx.

the vibrations on the kfx are noticable but arent unbearable.

troylee go ride a kfx that runs right and im sure youll change your mind.

10-11-2008, 04:33 PM
you guys are verry angry wen you hear the truth about your kfx.
It s not personnal i use to have a kfx 450 and i hade all kind of probleme, it was ridicules even my dealer agreed white me,the laste probleme i hade the base of the motor broke in half no joke it broke cleane.i just give my opinion on the bike so relaxe, if you like your bike good for you.ho ya did i mention the vibration on the kfx it is terrible. my opinion dont buy the kfx

From your great english your about 12 years old. I beat the crap out of my quad and it runs beautiful. I never had problems. one of the best bikes made. period.

Daddy paid for everything anyways so why be pissed.

And the truth is. you are todays exriders #1 gay fan. angry? no. A bit smarter then you? yes

troylee500se
10-11-2008, 06:45 PM
man you are a pissed of guy.Sorry for my english im from canada quebec french speaking and i like to pratice my english sorry if sometime it not clear.so if you like your kfx good for you ave fun stop being so angry

10-11-2008, 08:02 PM
Next time you have a thought. Just let it go

Sprks450r04
10-14-2008, 06:21 PM
i think you have ruined like 12 threads like this so piss off troylee

troylee500se
10-15-2008, 10:25 AM
ok the kfx is the best bike of all time there is nothing that comes close to it buy it buy it.The kfx is #1 in every shoutout.On the race season every rider dream is to ride a kfx but they don t have the money to buy one, lucky for us we have the best sport ATV in the univers yes everybody BUY THE KFX:rolleyes:

k4f5x0r
10-15-2008, 12:42 PM
just get the hell out of here. its people like you that ruin forums and bring them to the dumps. you have no contribution that counts at all. :rolleyes:

troylee500se
10-15-2008, 01:38 PM
the thru hurt keep lying about your bike bye bye dum ***

k4f5x0r
10-15-2008, 01:45 PM
yes keep lying about my bike. ive been running it hard for more then 6 months WITHOUT ANY ISSUE's. how would you know how my bikes been? 2-4 times outta the week im at the track. i run it in 3rd pinned almost the entire track. never had any problems.

maybe if you would have kept up on the damn maintenance you wouldnt feel like such a jackass. change the oil clean the airfilter and lube the chain and that goes for all 450's.

Sprks450r04
10-15-2008, 09:41 PM
i have over 90 motos and all practicing on mine and nothing major yet

Drewltr450
10-15-2008, 09:46 PM
" Aw Looks like somebody missed there yoga class this morning":p

10-15-2008, 10:09 PM
the thru hurt keep lying about your bike bye bye dum ***

Maybe he dont get it. Cause we dont type like him

Try this,

Teh kfx450 is da mos amazen qud eva mede. I lic 2go fast

Drewltr450
10-16-2008, 04:02 AM
ahahahha

450raider
10-16-2008, 09:51 AM
so wecome RideRed, welcome to our humble home:D , were pretty close knit around the kfx forums - like family if you will lol........ but seriously i can just tell you ive been bangin mine on the trails (and treat it like gold off the trails) for a year and a half now and have had no real problems with it, the problems you have as an individual is the only thing that stands in the way, like is the seat really that hard to YOU? is the vibration that bad to YOU? is there anything about the ride an comfort YOU dont like?........

and i remember that troylee guy complaining then trade in his kfx for an ltr..... and i cant compare those two for ya simply cause ive never had an ltr - i would buy one used and compare but curently no other company really offers anything to make me want to trade...

troylee500se
10-16-2008, 10:20 AM
so far no probleme on the LTR, i must admit that "reverse"was nice on the KFX

10-16-2008, 04:16 PM
Guys.. chill.

He rides a polaris, the most bad @ss quad ever built. Dont you get it:rolleyes:

DirtyDawg
10-16-2008, 09:19 PM
I think theres a whole bunch of folks that could use some PROZAC AROUND HERE !!!:mad: :grr: :mad:

chipworkz
11-01-2008, 12:05 AM
Back to the original question, I am 6'1" and have no problems with the size. The one exception is you probably will want to raise the bars since while standing they are a little low for my height. I just got a set of ATV high bend bars and that took care of it. There is some vibration do to the rigid frame but I don't notice it while riding. The seat could be a little softer for trail riding but everything else is great.

Take a look at my signature and you will see I buy what fits the best for the intended use. My wife and daughter both have Honda's so I am not just biased towards Kawasaki.

450raider
11-01-2008, 04:55 PM
so ridered did ya get one? in the words of nike did you "just do it" or my loser stoner friend "just doob it", and if so hows that kfx treating you so far...... (yeah im waiting to get to 1k posts)

js52589
11-07-2008, 08:00 PM
Im thrilled with my kfx, i hadn't ridden in about 3 years until the day I bought it, having ridden a 400ex for abotu 5 years before I sold it. The power is ridiculous, it needs the gears lengthened, but once I do that I dont think I will need any performace mods until I've gotten my riding back up to par. I did have a few problems with it when it was delivered (slight oil leak from the water pump, presented itself immediately, got it warrantied, and hasnt shown any sign of a problem since) but kawi has been great, and the bike has been even better. vibration is bad, and it has a few rattles I need to take care of (just where the two peice fenders meet) but overall i couldn't be happier.

BTW I'm 6'3 260 and its very comfortable to ride, I love the long, thin seat.