PDA

View Full Version : question

631kfx400
10-09-2008, 08:03 PM
im gonna get some front suspension for my kfx400 and found two pairs that i am figuring out wich one to get. do you guys think i should get works tripple rate with rezzies or tripple rate elkas without rezzies?
thanks
Andrew

klutch
10-09-2008, 08:13 PM
Elka without a doubt.

liex21
10-09-2008, 08:37 PM
id say the elkas also i have the quadrates with rezzies and i love them especially compared to the stock suspension but i have also never rode a quad with works so this is just my opinion on the elkas

631kfx400
10-10-2008, 04:36 AM
i would expect that the works would be better because they have rezzies and the elkas dont. is this true?

redrider91
10-10-2008, 06:21 AM
i had a set of works they were way better than stock but i no that there was beter out there.my opinion is that the elkas will work better on shorter rides and the works will work better on the longer ones

631kfx400
10-10-2008, 12:43 PM
any more opinions?

bwamos
10-10-2008, 01:18 PM
Completely depends on which series of shocks you're talking about.

If it's just the Standard Works AT-Steelers w. Res (no rebound, compression adjustability) and the Rec Series Elka shocks.. I'd say the Elkas would have an edge. The res will reduce some dampening fade but really would only be noticable under very aggressive riding.

But if it's higher end Works shocks w/ rebound, compression, preload/rideheight adjustments vs. the basic recreational elkas, the works would be better.

But, I'd imagine you are talking the base of both brands.. so I'd vote that the Elkas are better.

However, are the KFX shocks rebuildable? (I don't know I've never really paid attention.) Because a set of properly revalved stockers are much better than the base recreational aftermarket shocks of either company in most cases.