PDA

View Full Version : yz426 wet sump kit

mattio
10-09-2008, 07:35 PM
I have a wet sump kit in my ex/426 and i need to know how to take it out. Do i have to tear the motor all down? How difficult is it to do. I want to run a oil tank setup and dont have a clue about what to do.

hontrx265r
10-10-2008, 12:38 AM
It depends on which brand it is. If its a white bros they switch the oil line that is on the head to a single unit instead of the Y type that it is, so you would need the oem line. After that you will need a different plate for the inside of the oil pump so you'll have to disassemble the clutch cover and then the pump. Replace the plate inside with the correct one or buy a new pump assembly and just replace the whole thing. Then un-plug the stops on each side of the engine case and replace those with the correct lines and fittings and you'll be on your way. I have a spare pump assembly I'd trade you for the wetsump stuff, lines also. I may even have an oversized 400ex k&k tank forsale, but I have to think about that. It holds like 2.5L with the tank and motor.

dehner47
10-10-2008, 07:16 AM
if ya dont mind me asking,why would you rather run a tank then the oil sump? most people do the total opposite.they would rather have the wet sump set up .

660LE
10-10-2008, 07:42 AM
more oil to run thru the motor. i had the option on my hybrid. an went for the oil tank for piece of mind.

rob-u/21
10-10-2008, 10:11 AM
I'm almost done with my hybrid (yz450/ex) had I known about this wet sump kit I would have done it. Takes a lot of hassles out of the picture. How much oil do you use when using this kit?

hontrx265r
10-11-2008, 12:52 AM
In reality the wetsump is actually worse for the motor. However It makes they hybrid much cleaner and with the proper maintance you shouldn't have problems I ran one on my older hybrid for almost two years, with now failures. Changed my oil alot though. With a normal wet sump it only takes 950cc, normal 426 bike holds 1500cc. I'm switching back to wetsump from my tank setup on the bike i have now. However I purchased a couple of the last available sfb racing billet covers (ignition and clutch oversized) I got the cover for the bigger flywheel, for the ignition (even though I'm not using one) That way it holds more and the clutch cover itself holds an extra 115cc

woodsracer144
10-14-2008, 07:41 PM
hey if you wanna sell the wet slup kit let me know i might take it if yo ucan get it all out with out any problems... thanks