PDA

View Full Version : Shipping A Quad

nastynotchback1
10-09-2008, 11:49 AM
I am looking at buying a quad out of TX and i am in SC.who do you use for shipping a quad?What's the best way to go about it?I have never shipped one before so any help would be appreciated

nastynotchback1
10-10-2008, 05:55 AM
So no one has ever shipped a quad?????Guess i will be the first.

quad59
10-10-2008, 06:24 AM
Its a pain in the but but can be done for about 400 to 550 bucks. Find a local shipper and ask them what they require. The easiest way to do it is get a large pallet or connect two together. Put your bike on it and strap in to the pallet with ratchet straps. make and brace up posts on all four corners and one in the middle of the walls, throw a cheap lid on it and wrap the rest in that pallet wrap plastic. Paint the plastic black so people cant see what it is. Make sure you tell them they cannot pu stuff on top of it and insure it for the value of new replacement cost. It really is not that hard to do.

nastynotchback1
10-10-2008, 06:32 AM
Thanks for the info.the quad is in tx and i am in sc.i have to get it shipped to me.

Ralph
10-10-2008, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by nastynotchback1
Thanks for the info.the quad is in tx and i am in sc.i have to get it shipped to me.

Ive used forward air. all you need is a combination lock and some tie downs.

You go to the airport and drive it in a container. strap it down and put on the combination lock and off it goes.

I don't know all the details as the buyer set it all up but you should find plenty of info if you Google forward air.

Edit: https://www.forwardair.com/index.htm

nastynotchback1
10-10-2008, 11:29 AM
it's got to be something i can handle from sc while the quad is in tx.the seller told me i have to arrange all the shipping details.

Ralph
10-10-2008, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by nastynotchback1
it's got to be something i can handle from sc while the quad is in tx.the seller told me i have to arrange all the shipping details.

Well there is not much more we can do for you.

Contact forward air or any other shipper and ask about curb side programs. The seller will have to do SOMETHING.

nastynotchback1
10-10-2008, 12:18 PM
He is willing to handle getting it ready to ship but he wants some shipping company to come to him for pick up.he doesn't want to have to haul it all over.thanks for all the help

jrspawn
10-10-2008, 11:03 PM
pm sent.

quadracer707
10-11-2008, 05:43 PM
Try iship.com I think that is what it is. They bid on your shipment thru ebay or yahoo. I paid $250 for a quad delivered from PA. to Fla. If still interested PM me & I will look up exact name.

Ken

nastynotchback1
10-11-2008, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by quadracer707
Try iship.com I think that is what it is. They bid on your shipment thru ebay or yahoo. I paid $250 for a quad delivered from PA. to Fla. If still interested PM me & I will look up exact name.

Ken

thanks but dude sold it out from under me so i guess i don't need shipping at this time.i will save this info for the very near future so as i can find another cannondale moto.thanks everyone