10-09-2008, 09:59 AM
Just some fun shots:p

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3204/2926393031_dd845b525f_o.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3277/2926398565_8d3cf80727_o.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3017/2926404873_81683994e0_o.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3020/2926409393_e7fffda79b_o.jpg

250r rider 88
10-09-2008, 10:09 AM
that first pic is priceless looks like something just scared the crap out of him

JRP
10-09-2008, 12:22 PM
hahah that first one is by far the best lol
awsome shots ken!

Quad18star
10-09-2008, 01:25 PM
He's dark just like ours ... I've seen a few chocolate labs that are a light brown .... ours is a nice dark brown .. yours almost looks black in the pictures.

Does Trooper get a lot of dry skin ?

I have to bring ours into the vet ... he's full of dry spots which scab over and he goes bald in those areas. :confused:

Quad18star
10-09-2008, 01:28 PM
Speaking of that scared look ... you should have seen my dog's face yesturday when I came around the corner in the living room in my halloween costume and started chasing him around . The wimp ran and hid behind my girlfriend .... so much for being a protector !!!!:p

10-09-2008, 01:34 PM
:eek:

Scro
10-09-2008, 01:38 PM
RUH ROH! would have been better:p

Ruby Soho
10-09-2008, 07:08 PM
http://bighugelabs.com/flickr/output/motivator1116280.jpg

PolarisRider
10-09-2008, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star
He's dark just like ours ... I've seen a few chocolate labs that are a light brown .... ours is a nice dark brown .. yours almost looks black in the pictures.

Does Trooper get a lot of dry skin ?

I have to bring ours into the vet ... he's full of dry spots which scab over and he goes bald in those areas. :confused:

Our yellow lab CJ use to have that problem. Infact it was only a few months ago. That dog would scratch untill the point of bleeding. We took him to the vet, he got shots, we gave him pills, gave him countless baths with different products, etc. But i really think he just kind of grew out of it. Felt bad for him though. I think he was allergic to his food.

Here he is after he went wild for 3 hours haha

Pappy
10-09-2008, 07:13 PM
lol..the caption should read..."Throw the damn green ball thing NOW!!!"

greg our black lab had that, our vet recommended to give him higher fat table food(eggs , bacon and grease etc) it stopped it cold.

cletusEX
10-09-2008, 07:30 PM
Stop hiding crack in his green ball and he won't look like that!:p Typical retriever, nothing else matters but chasing that ball!

Ryan
10-09-2008, 09:08 PM
I have to ask.... How do you manage to capture such photo's like that? I could try all day to get pictures like that with no luck.

Maybe I need a hellova quicker/clearer camera than what im using. :confused:

Ralph
10-09-2008, 09:30 PM
Our relatively new adopted black lab. The other lab had to stay home cause i guess hes having some problems with his leg

Quad18star
10-09-2008, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by PolarisRider
Our yellow lab CJ use to have that problem. Infact it was only a few months ago. That dog would scratch untill the point of bleeding. We took him to the vet, he got shots, we gave him pills, gave him countless baths with different products, etc. But i really think he just kind of grew out of it. Felt bad for him though. I think he was allergic to his food.

Here he is after he went wild for 3 hours haha

Mine scratches like crazy also .... and he shakes his head and scartches at one of his ears. I know it's not fleas or eat mites .. he's been checked for those already. I think he has the "dry skin" in his ear which is making him scratch all the time. Like I said , he has dry spots which scab on his chest.

I was thinking he was allergic to his food also , because we had switched him brands ... I've now switched him back to the original food that he was on ( switched about 3 weeks ago) but haven't really noticed TOO much of a difference.

I can see this happening if he was in the water all summer , but this year we didn't allow him in because he hurt his rear leg pretty badly in the spring.

Got an appointment with the vet scheduled for next Wednesday , hopefully we can get this figured out .... or atleast figure out why he's shaking his head and scratching at his ear .... poor dog it's driving him nuts . :(

biker
10-10-2008, 10:01 AM
Greg, my choc. lab Harley does the same thing when he is starting or has a ear infection! Shakes his head and digs at the ear that's bothering him! It's about a monthly task of cleaning his ears too stay on top of it! you can get ear cleaning solution and antibiotics at the the vet to do this yourself!

Pap i notice that Trooper has a bald spot on the side of his leg! Like on his elbow, Harleys had one for years on both sides and it seems like any Lab i see they have those the older they get! How old is Trooper? Mines 13 and still acts like a 3 year old pup sometimes drives me crazy!:mad:
Kev

coryatver
10-10-2008, 10:22 AM
My black lab has the skin hot spot thing also. my vet gave her a shot and it went away for a year but it is coming back. I will have to try pappy's prescription of some more fat im sure the dog won't mind lol

biker
10-10-2008, 12:51 PM
my lab Harley and Mastiff Abby! firts time posting a pic hope this works!

biker
10-10-2008, 01:02 PM
1 more!:D

bwamos
10-10-2008, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by Ryan
I have to ask.... How do you manage to capture such photo's like that? I could try all day to get pictures like that with no luck.

Maybe I need a hellova quicker/clearer camera than what im using. :confused:

Experience, talent, and expensive lenses.. ;)

Quad18star
10-10-2008, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by biker

Nice looking dogs . That Mastiff is huge . :eek2: Mine had a bit of a bald spot on his elbow also ... common thing I guess since my neighbours dog has the same too.

I've also come to realize that Chocolate labs are notorious for having the grey wiskers on their chin. LOL . Mine wasn't even a year old and he had grey hairs popping up all over the place.

biker
10-11-2008, 05:08 AM
yeah he's had grey for years, but recently it's really started to take over he's 13 now! Labs are one of the best family dogs you can get!

the mastiff is 3 and is a 170lb big baby! she barks and you know it, but she's afraid of her own shadow!:D

ZeroLogic
10-11-2008, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by biker

Bear paws!:eek2: