PDA

View Full Version : FMF Powerbomb or Hi-Flo

ginobili07
10-08-2008, 07:31 PM
I have a 02 400ex with a HMf sport series slip on. and was wondering which headpipe is better the FMF Powerbomb or the FMF s/s Hi-Flo?

rdstoner
10-08-2008, 08:59 PM
i wouldnt know what header to go with in that case but if you are just a trail riding guy i would do high flow but if you want the most power i would have to say power bomb.

BTW if you go with the power bomb let me know how it is cause i am looking into that also.

400exrider720
10-08-2008, 09:41 PM
I have the powerbomb plus the HMF and i love it. its a great combination. i would recommend it to anyone. trust me you wont be disappointed. It makes the HMF sound even better.

leasureryan
10-08-2008, 10:23 PM
I thought those were a gimmick. They must work good. Do they give you low/mid?

I hate my HMF head pipe because it is kinda sloppy how the pipe, and 2 motor side flanges meet the pipe, held together with 2 springs. The seal just isn't all that great, and you can see exhaust residue ever so slightly leaking out where they join. I was thinking about having them welded around the flanges

CarGuy7a
10-09-2008, 12:17 AM
don't have it welded it will be a pain in the butt if you ever have to try to take the exhaust off for anything.

just use a stainless T Bolt clamp. i got one on mine and it works fine.

ginobili07
10-09-2008, 04:49 AM
Ok i think i am gonna go with the powerbomb, i was thinking poerbomb from the start but wanted some views on the Hi-Flo also. And ill let you know how it is with the HMF when i get it.

10-09-2008, 04:35 PM
IMO i would have just got the HMF conversion done. $250 you get the headers and the re do your silencer to have a bigger inlet to match the bigger header.