PDA

View Full Version : Is a 250R three wheeler frame the same as a four wheeler frame, what do I do?

400exriders
12-10-2002, 11:31 PM
I have a friend that will sell me a 250R three wheeler with an upgraded rear shock, axles, holeshot tires, douglas wheels, ported motor, mild bore with piston, reed valves, this thing goes like 75 miles an hour! he will sell it for $500 to me. The problem is, i need to convert it to a four wheeler. I have another friend that has a 250R four wheeler that been sitting, but motor is rebuildable, axles are shot, its been taken apart for two years, any suggestions on what i should do? Is the frame one the three wheeler the same, because he has a chrome frame also, that he will throw in for free!

YZROOSTINYA
12-11-2002, 04:08 AM
NO!!!

there completely differnt

a 3 wheeler has a motor stle front end with head tube and forks

a guad is basically a box

2000ex
12-11-2002, 05:50 AM
Leave the three wheeler a three wheeler, the frame conversion to a 4 wheeler is awful unless you use the ATC motor in the TRX frame.

Most three wheeler guys would have your head if you wanted to turn perhaps the best ATC built into a 4 wheeler. These things are becoming harder and harder to comeby these days. I would say leave the trike alone and find a 4 wheeler if that is what you are looking for.

oynot400
12-11-2002, 08:13 AM
$500 sounds cheap, what year is it? If it is an '85 that is liquid cooled then I say get it, but keep it in the 3-wheeler frame.