PDA

View Full Version : clutch

rdstoner
10-08-2008, 05:06 PM
my clutch is starting to slip and i was wondering if i could just buy a clutch basket and if that would fix it or would i have to buy the plates and all?

AZ440ex
10-08-2008, 05:12 PM
Its probably just your plates and friction disks. You do need to see if your basket has developed grooves, these will cause the disks to hang up. Sometimes the grooves can be sanded out but if they are real bad you might need a new basket.

rdstoner
10-08-2008, 08:46 PM
so it could just be the basket but im not gonna know untill i get in and find out. but if the basket is fine im not gonna need a new one if i go with a better aftermarket clutch?

10-08-2008, 08:57 PM
i have a fix for you. i'll take a picture tomorrow to show you what i mean. on the last 3 plates to the outside... take them off and put the 2 plates in the notch different from the others like the last one normally is but you put 2 on the notch rather than one. I cant explin it good but a picture is worth 1000 words or so they say so i will try and get you a picture of the clutch on the other 400ex spare motor in my garage that has it done.

rdstoner
10-08-2008, 09:02 PM
alright sweet i see your tag in about every post and it seems as if you know your exs. cause im kinda new and know a little but not to much thats why alot of ?s are from me lol