PDA

View Full Version : my banshee is hesitating and wont idle

ranger505
10-08-2008, 02:28 PM
im just wondering if anybody can help me i dont no much about carbs. their are 2 screws on each of the carbs, are those the ones that i adjust im 17 years old and i want to do it my self but i dont know what those are for i dont want to mess anything up please any information please let me know thanks

papacrews
10-08-2008, 08:41 PM
Ya can't really hurt much turning the screws. They control your fuel to air mixture. My 350 book says 1-1/4 turn out. Basically if ya warm the bike up and adjust them untill it runs better that will work but don't worry about screwing anything up. It sounds like your jets may be clogged though. Someone on here recomended Sea foam to me and it worked great. You can get it at an auto parts store. It also good for winterization to keep your fuel from gumming things up. You should look into a manual for the bike. It will have a trouble shooting section in it. I'm an old fart and still learning about my banshee. Never hesitate to ask questions, that's how ya find the answers without screwing something up. Good luck, Bob

Mikeman1
10-13-2008, 12:03 PM
Has it sat around long enough to gel the fuel?