PDA

View Full Version : Bent axle ?'s

JOEX
12-10-2002, 09:46 PM
'01 400EX...

I had the quad up on a stand lubing the chain with the wheels moving and noticed the right tire wobbling. Looking closer it appears the axle is bent on this side, less than 1/8th movement from top to bottom.
An aftermarket ($300+) axle isn't in the budget right now. Even the $200 stock axle from Sevice Honda is more than I want/can spend at this time:(
What are the risks and possible further damage caused from riding with it bent? It may have been bent when I bought it used 1 1/2 years ago.
Are there any other options for repacement? Maybe a used one? what should I look for?

Joe

Pappy
12-10-2002, 09:49 PM
i see used and take off axles on ebay all the time. there are some in the classifieds here and normally go for around $100

i would imagine that it could damage the carrier bearings if it got to wobbling to aweful much. or snap on ya when you least expected it....but that can happen anyway.

heck.....if it isnt to bad just ride the sucka:)

mxracer111
12-10-2002, 10:51 PM
i have a like new stock axle out of a 2002 400ex that was usd for about 5 hours of riding....it is perfectly straight....and looks new. ill sell it for $100 shipped to your door if you are in the 48 states. let me know..... mxracer111@aol.com

kxrider
12-11-2002, 02:51 PM
dude if u cant tell when ur ridin it leave it, check your rims i bet u got a bent rim to u didnt know about