PDA

View Full Version : quad anti theft tips

Ex_Rider43
12-10-2002, 09:21 PM
how can I prevent my bike from beeing steal by an idiot??

goochy
12-10-2002, 09:26 PM
lock it up in shed, I also use a pad lock on my rear rotor, makes it HARD to move around!!!

Pappy
12-10-2002, 09:40 PM
chain.....cable .....locks.....anything !!!! my garage looks like a spider web with all the stuff holdind the quads together....

12-10-2002, 09:48 PM
take it all apart like mine so it takes them 3 days to steal

12-10-2002, 09:54 PM
if someone really wants it they will get it. about a mile from me someone cut the thtrough the back of a garage to steal a quad

DEAL
12-10-2002, 09:56 PM
A big dog!

SGA
12-10-2002, 09:59 PM
Keep it locked and out of site. A lot of quads are stolen spur of the moment. If your parked overnite with it in the back of your truck, cover it with a tarp. Also back your truck up against a pole or something so the tailgate cannot be opened. Back a trailer up against something also. Use the kind of locks on it that the hasp is covered, so that bolt cutters cannot be used. Do not forget to use a locking hitch pin also!
If they really want it, they will get it, but at least you can make them think twice about taking it if its going to take them awhile.

Last thing, Insurance is cheap compared to buying a new quad.

SGA
12-10-2002, 10:04 PM
Heres a link also about locking up quads. http://www.atvconnection.com/atvconnection/Departments/Dunes/locks.cfm?cs_LoginTime=082454

Bean
12-10-2002, 10:15 PM
here is what i am going to do

1: Dig a 10 ft hole
2: Place quad inside
3: Fill up to 8ft with cement
4: Place 2ft of solid steel above the cement
5: Place landmines every square foot on top and 5ft out of everyside of the steel square
6: Place barbedwire fence around the perrimeter
7: Insert armed gaurds in 4 towers in every corner of the fence
8: Place 8 tanks around the pereminter of the fence
9: Put up another barbedwire fence with electrical outlets
10: Dig a 20ft wide moat and fill with floating mines, and warships, and underwater submarines, and alegators also.

SGA
12-10-2002, 10:28 PM
That would add about 3 minutes to the time for them to get it.:blah

12-10-2002, 10:53 PM
well, i live in an apartment, so when i get my quad (soon i hope ) im gonna get an enclosed 5x8 trailer, and have it outside in parking lot, there are a few guys with motorcycles in trailers and one fellow has his hayabusa (sp?) out in the open so i think my quad wont be priority ;) but i am lookin @ the spot where it will sit while typing this, and as much time as i spend on computer, ill be watching trailer alot lol

Crazy4bluEx
12-10-2002, 10:57 PM
That would add about 3 minutes to the time for them to get it.

sad to say this but with a good theif..... your probably correct, with careful planning, they will get your quad. if they want it that Bad. no dog, bomb, or anything else will stop them..

my idea to fade beans plan....

*throw something at the mines on the concrete, it blows all the other mines, the dog, an the cement mostly out of the way, and possibly kills all the guards, now all you have is a SWIM.. some stupid reptiles.... and a Fence....

JMO

*K*

Ex_Rider43
12-11-2002, 08:46 PM
thanks guys.. i heard something here ...someone put the little things we need to hear babies when they are sleeping.

z400ACDC
12-11-2002, 09:02 PM
I have an intercom in the garage. I have the other base beside the bed. If a mouse farts, I can here it. The cost about $30.

Bean
12-11-2002, 09:12 PM
the gaurds and tanks will run you over!!!!!!!!!

Quad18star
12-11-2002, 09:16 PM
I go with who ever said the BIG DOG!! Nothign will scare them off more than a hungry rothwieler or however you spell it . Just make sure hes not a big suck like my neighbours dog . I swear I could steal everythign from them and the dog would sit there and lick my hand the whole time . Big wimp!! Mean looking though .

DGR Designs
12-12-2002, 06:02 AM
we have a sticker on our garage door that reads "the crap inside this building is protected by a 240lb hungry mean old senile ******* of a rotweiler. we don't starve him, he's just not fond of food that he doesn't kill.... so, just try and get at my quad"

and the funy thing is, the sticker is no joke lmao. he only is friendly too 3 people, me dad and my gram. if anybody is with us, hes nice to them too. but if we leave them alone, he becomes very angered. lol he lives in the garage. anybody wanna try him?
~Dave

GoLikeHell
12-12-2002, 07:41 AM
Originally posted by sgaexer
Keep it locked and out of site. A lot of quads are stolen spur of the moment. If your parked overnite with it in the back of your truck, cover it with a tarp. Also back your truck up against a pole or something so the tailgate cannot be opened. Back a trailer up against something also. Use the kind of locks on it that the hasp is covered, so that bolt cutters cannot be used. Do not forget to use a locking hitch pin also!
If they really want it, they will get it, but at least you can make them think twice about taking it if its going to take them awhile.

Last thing, Insurance is cheap compared to buying a new quad.

Oh yes, Locks keep honest people honest.:D Couple of things I do is never try and advertise what you have. I bring my bike home and it goes right in the back yard for a wash, then right in the garage.

And yes I also have full coverage on my quad. For 20 bucks a month (.027 an hour)I dont worry anymore when leaving the quad on the trailer and stopping for lunch. How many of you guys have personal liability and property damage? Right now I run 500K on personal and 300K on property, and thats per person, per incident, not combined. I would like to see if that is enough? or do I have too much coverage?

Mark

Slick
12-12-2002, 08:51 AM
i really thought that my 18 wheeler trailer which we lock our quads up in was very secure...until one day i lost the key to it and couldnt get in ..soo i was going to put a new lock on it, i got out the hacksaw and worked for like 15 mins and didnt even touch it, WoW this lock was strong, but a guy we rent to across the road works with metal so i asked him if he had anything to cut that sucker off...he went up there with a high speed drill and a cutting disk, he had that thing off in under a minute. If someone really wanted to steal my quad they could have jus done that and rolled it on out. Now i park my dad's warrior behind mine LoL.....hey at least if its one guy he will get the yamaha and not the honda. But jus in case they wanted 2...i parked my 300ex behind my 400 also haha

jello
12-12-2002, 09:05 AM
buy an arrmored car that the banks use to transport money. Put your quad in the back. It would be hard to be stolen and it could work as a trailer.

Tommy 17
12-12-2002, 10:33 AM
rig something up on ur quad so when they move it that it makes the noise of a shot gun action goin... there isn't a more distictive sound on earth then a shot gun being loaded;) :D