PDA

View Full Version : Pro Racing..

Instinctz
12-10-2002, 08:22 PM
Hey, I am thinking about getting into racing alot, and I am just wondering if I will have many races in Oklahoma. Is there some national 'branch' of racing type?

I have never raced, but would like to get some more information about it.

QuadR8cer12
12-10-2002, 08:47 PM
You shouldnt go straight to national compitition unless you are realy good. Since you live in Oklahoma there is a Pro that races in that area named Johnny Hale . he is a really great guy. He is out right now , he wrecked pretty bad and is all broken up.You could call him and get more info about local tracks in your area. Here is his Number....(918) 371 0101. that is for his shop called JH racing here is the web site.....http://j-hracing.com/ He will set you up with any parts you need. Or he il help you out with racing tips and stuff. just give him a cal or drop him a e-mail. you can get his e-mail address off of his web site. There is also a good series that is in north Texas called TQRA. Johnny (when he is well) races in that series. Here is there web site http://www.tqra.com/
Irace in that series to.I hope to see you out thre someday. Lata!

Instinctz
12-11-2002, 03:08 PM
Thanks for that information, and no im not a pro but I just didnt know of any other name to tittle my post.

I have only ridden three wheelers mostly, and am going to get another one soon. I'd like to learn more about what quads I can race, classes and all that so that I can atleast start seeing about getting into the sport some day.

QuadR8cer12
12-11-2002, 08:39 PM
There are mny new quads available for quad racing. If you are looking for a good 4-stroke a z-400 or a 400ex are the best ones to go for I think for racing. A good 2-stroke would be a 250 R. Banshees are good but they have to much unusable power for racing MX. Now as far as classes there are classes in TQRA that would e perfect for you. they have a beginner class that is reserved for racers just like you!! The begginer! It is reserved for racers that start racing at Dec. 1st. So You should try to race some of those races it is perfect for a beginner. and when you go to a local track for just regular races they will have begginer classes to ride in. when you go to a track just look for someone that is out there that is going to race a qua and you can ask them and they will help you out with any info about the classes and anything else. Be sure to find out info on the tracks first like practice nights and go to a fewofthose first unil you get your confidenc up and then hit your first race.

OCCRA288
12-12-2002, 08:58 AM
If you want to race XC come to the OCCRA races. If you want
MX there are some MX series in Oklahoma. I raced w/TQRA for one race. Great organization, the people were very friendly. www.occra.com for info on the XC racing in oklahoma. also check out the COORS series at the top of th occra home page.