PDA

View Full Version : How much is my beast worth?

70camaro
10-06-2008, 08:10 PM
This is a hybrid quad i built, still stock frame, but the way i was able to do it is really sturdy i know aftermarket frames are always better but im not made of money. So anyways i want a 2stroke 250 dirtbike and want to sell my quad. I was hoping i could have some help on what a good asking price should be. Its a 2005 crf motor really really nice no problems at all.

WATCH VIDEO OF IT.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35Z-BT2YwBA

2muchquad
10-06-2008, 10:36 PM
how does that thing run?Is that chassis too much weight for the motor?I know the 250f mx bikes need to be ridden wide open to go anywhere,not much torque..

70camaro
10-07-2008, 05:56 AM
lol there is nooo need to have it wide open very long.:D i have even drag raced with some yfz's and been a good 15ft ahead im not sure if thats because of the different gearing with the bike motor or what. But i do know throughout the race i was in the lead. so it wasnt like i had top end and they had lower end. And just to clear anything up it does have the crf 450 motor in it.

2muchquad
10-07-2008, 11:38 AM
O,i see,i thought you had the 250f motor in it.Yeah the crf motor is in a higher state of tune compared to the atv motors.Where you from?

250Renvy
10-07-2008, 12:04 PM
Well, taking into consderation that the frame wasn't hacked up too badly, but also the fact that it was done by a non-professional with those bubble gum welds and not having anything terribly exciting, I think you might be able to get $3000 from the right buyer. As a 250R it might be a $2000 machine but having a slightly newer motor rather than 02/03 could be a bonus.

The problem is that you have a stock frame and in reality if I were looking for a 450, unless I had a ton of top of the line 250R parts around I'd just buy a 04/05 450R for $3000, I've even seen some 06+ stock machines going for around 3g's

70camaro
10-07-2008, 04:09 PM
yea i see what you mean, although the "bubblegum" welds are holding up better than most stock frames i see. i think ill ask 3500 OBO. Im in kansas by the way. and i have another video of it running its crappy but im doing a 40ft jump on it.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=31995364

2muchquad
10-07-2008, 09:47 PM
but also the fact that it was done by a non-professional with those bubble gum welds

I think your quad looks good,its a shame some people have to throw in their negativity,you know the saying,if one doesnt have anything nice to say,dont say anything at all.

250Renvy
10-07-2008, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by 2muchquad
I think your quad looks good,its a shame some people have to throw in their negativity,you know the saying,if one doesnt have anything nice to say,dont say anything at all.

So your saying people shouldn't express their opinions? If the frame were bent or their were cracks in the plastic they should say it's great and be positive? He asked how much it was worth. I have bought a number of machines over the years and when I see something done poorly, it affects the price - shows it was done on the cheap.

I wasn't commenting on how it looked.

I could throw out a ton of examples of things you wouldn't buy with welding done like that but maybe paint is a better example, would you notice if a frame had been professionally powdercoated or painted vs something that was rattle can sprayed? Wouldn't a professional job be worth more?
But maybe this is wasted on you because all you care about is how it looks.

2muchquad
10-07-2008, 11:01 PM
I f he built it himself then he has many hours of blood sweat and tears into building it,he doesnt want anybody dawging his effort with words like "bubble gum welds".If you were in the market then surely you would notice the welds and make a mental note,i wouldnt try and "front" or call him out on here.Me personally im not a professional welder but my welding is good enough for what i need to do.Not everybody goes to mommy and daddy for cash to take something to a "pro" to have work done,we roll up our sleeves and have at it,thats how you learn.Putting down somebody elses hard work is uncool bro.

250Renvy
10-07-2008, 11:32 PM
Sorry to 70camaro that 2muchquad likes to get into pissing matches and if he's not still a teenager, likes to act like one on message boards and may also be a hippy.

You know the old saying when you Assume ...

"Not everybody goes to mommy and daddy for cash" - Are you assuming I do? I've paid for everything I've ever had and just because you have a welder doesn't mean you should use it. I have one too and could probably "get by" but I have higher standards for my stuff and recognize if I don't have all the fabricating skills then I'll seek someone who does.

If you are too much of a baby to handle real opinions when somebody actually asked, go hide under a rock.

And to 70camaro - my apologies to you, if 2much has something else to say then I'll gladly delete these from the post so as not to get off topic.

trx310R#24
10-08-2008, 12:55 AM
nice bike! welds look ok

an the fighting WOW! we got some internet gangsta's up in this *****... ill cap you with my nine key beotch 999999999 9 999 999

lol

70camaro
10-08-2008, 09:25 AM
Ok ive decided to lower it to 3000 asking price on craigslist. No offers yet seems like not too many quads or bikes are selling on there quickly. Im thinking about ebay but ive had nothing but trouble with it in the past. I just hope this guy doesnt sell the bike i want before i can sell my quad.:( I attached a pic of the bike.

2muchquad
10-08-2008, 10:59 PM
What year yz are you looking at?Too bad you arent near me,i have a 04 ktm 250sx that i havent ridden since june.i ride my 450sx usually...when im not on the quads.;)

70camaro
10-09-2008, 06:00 AM
its a 2002 but it has really nice plastics and a new pipe, so i just thought it looked better than most i see. I barely ride my quad i like getting big air and im just not confident doing that with 4 wheels lol