PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about firesale!!!

250Renvy
10-06-2008, 04:15 PM
Things aren't going how I had planned here, and was thinking of taking an opportunity in Europe that just came up and would need a decision in a few weeks. Problem is I have all this stuff so I was thinking of firesaling everything.

Looking for opinions on how I should go about getting rid of everything in one shot.

If I put it up on ebay and you were a serious buyer, would you want pictures of everything or would a list of stuff suffice with some pictures of major items?

How hard would it be to get $15000 for everything I have? I figure it's about $50000 worth of stuff new and if someone took their time, $25000 worth of stuff used.

I have a pretty long list of stuff - many new and discontinued parts - IMO very well worth $15K

Since most people will ask: Some of the major things include Laeger frames, 250R motors, stock parts, OEM plastic x 7, shocks, pipes, there's about 5 machines in parts and much more extras.

atvmxr
10-06-2008, 04:58 PM
why dont you take the stuff to europe?? it will probably be worth even more over there.... especially with the weak dollar compared to euro and etc...

they dont need any mech. engineers do they?? :devil:

troybilt
10-06-2008, 06:03 PM
I'd put pics of the big stuff, and list the other stuff to save time. my $0.02

IMO. There's prolly not one thing that I wouldn't give lefty for... with that said, though, I'd really hate to take it in the *** if I were you. It'd take you 15 years to find all of those parts again in decent shape... maybe never. Unless you never want to get back into it, I'd try to store it or get rid of some of it and save the rest back.

15K would probably be a steal, but there may not be many out there right now with the economy right now that'll fork over that kind of float for 250r parts...

BTW, what do you want for one of those frames... :devil:

danhung11
10-06-2008, 06:47 PM
If the stuff was priced to sell, I am sure you would unload it pretty quickly. At least to reach your $15k goal with all that you have listed.

Please post some more details on some of the frames, motors, etc.

Good luck with your decision.

robyone
10-07-2008, 05:53 AM
If you really want to move everything, just post it up with prices that people can't refuse...and it will fly off the shelves.

All250R
10-07-2008, 10:17 AM
If you can avoid it, stay away from at least ebay and maybe paypal. They suck the profit right out of sales.

bansheeboyo
10-07-2008, 11:27 AM
were abouts in europe are you moving ? wich country
take the stuff with you some good trails in many parts of europe many hills especially scotland