PDA

View Full Version : kx125 dont bash me

Drewltr450
10-06-2008, 02:01 PM
Alright i kow its not a quad but my nieghbor has a 1998 kx125 and i am pretty much in charge of his maitnance and he needs to change the gear oil in his crankcase. Just wondering is anyone knew how much oil i need to put in it what type of oil (10w40) ect. and i heard that i need to put a new gasket in the oil drain plug thing everytime its changed im not sure about that but any help would be appreciated. The bike is out of commision while we waight for his new tire to be put on.

Pont400ex
10-08-2008, 07:20 PM
When i had my Rm 250, I used spectro gear oil, or Bel Ray, not motor oil. I dont know how similar the bikes are but i put 750 ml, I think it was a quart or almost a quart. I dunno how much help this is but i try. lol

Drewltr450
10-09-2008, 08:36 AM
Yea i found out how much to put in it said it right on the filler cap haha. But i just wanted to make sure i didnt have to run some special crankcase oil.

no-luck
10-09-2008, 09:24 AM
But i just wanted to make sure i didnt have to run some special crankcase oil
The crankcase gets oil from your pre-mix.......its separate from your trans/clutch. I use bel-ray gearsaver for my clutch/tranny. The kawi's might have a sight glass for checking trans/clutch oil, but I'm not sure on that.

i heard that i need to put a new gasket in the oil drain plug
Not necessary, unless the previous one is damaged or is not sealing.

John451
10-12-2008, 09:53 PM
Theres an overflow bolt on the side. you unscrew that and fillll it till lt starts drippin out then you stop.